Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NE Carolina reports?

Olereb Guest

Default NE Carolina reports?

I see some of the guys from the old site have made it and enjoy reading Rango & Pete but has anyone from the NE section of Carolina made the switch and if so hows the fishing? I've been working and untill last friday when fishing fished for rock till the season went out and haven't heard mush about speckles in our area. Any info welcome.
    Good luck & keep hookin
    Olereb

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried Tull's Creek several times but not much luck. I have a theory about that. The hurricane has the salinity of the water too high. But if that is the case, where did they go? Northwest would have to be high and the sound is certainly higher. There was a fish kill there but I didn't see many specks. Mostly shad, catfish and some bream. I may try Hall's creek this weekend. Anything happening around the Chowan?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Olereb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I've tried Tull's Creek several times but not much luck. I have a theory about that. The hurricane has the salinity of the water too high. But if that is the case, where did they go? Northwest would have to be high and the sound is certainly higher. There was a fish kill there but I didn't see many specks. Mostly shad, catfish and some bream. I may try Hall's creek this weekend. Anything happening around the Chowan?
    Not much good word from hear either. With the fish kill and bad weather the usual spots seem to be dead. Stripers ended up very well and some good catches of white perch further up river but thats about it for now.