Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake around Gulf Shores

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake around Gulf Shores

The family has decided on going to Gulf Shores for vacation at the end of May. What lake is within an hour one might recommend for crappie fishing - and what guide? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about lakes in the area ,but deep sea fishing for red snapper is killer that time of year.I use Zekes Landing Charters at Orange beach.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You might try posting in the Alabama forum.

Post Thanks / Like

try gcomag.com thats the gulf shores area fishing forum,,, get you some saltwater trout almost as good as crappie

Post Thanks / Like

may is the best time of the year for speckled sea trout.i have been fishing with the same guide in mobile bay for 8 years.if you are interested he lives in gulf shores.his name is jeffery chambliss.i guarantee you will have a good time and catch lots of fish.

Mississippi Son Guest

I live in South Mississippi and hear a lot of talk about Big Creek Lake in Mobile Alabama. This lake is the primary water supply for the city of Mobile and is open to all fishermen. The water is mostly clear and I have only fished it for bass. When I have visited it, there are always people there fishing for Crappie. It is well stocked by the state and you can find information on the lake from the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Contact Dave Armstrong who is the district fisheries supervisor at:

[email protected]