Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ question

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ question

Question for Bugman and other crappie masters. Where is CONVICT COVE. Talked to a guy last night who said they slayed the crappie in there two days ago and four anglers had there limits in less than two hours. Thanks to all in advance.
    SHUT UP AND FISH

Post Thanks / Like

this is one of those weird little things, although i could be wrong. i have heard of three different coves called convict cove but i am guessing it is one of the coves right there by the prison camp in the state park. there is a cove on each side. tell you the truth though, this weekend it probably won't matter what cove you are in as long as there is structure. and that gentlemen, is why i am leaving tomorrow morning to go back down there. turning the big 2-6 on saturday and if a man can't fish on his birthday something is wrong. most of you are a little more aged, i don't how you manage the "beer for each year" rule. do you make it a whole weekend, or just give up?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fryguy- Headed back down monday myself, let me know how they are doing. By the way what mile marker are you at I at about the 8.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm at right around the 18, across the lake from the big walmart tower sort of near the toll bridge.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy is dead on it is in the mouth of pin oak cove the first cove on the right side heck frank you can see it from your dock and yes it an awesome spot but that whole area is right now i have heard they are doing great in sportsman's just past your dock i'm gonna fish that area tommorrow or sat i'll let you know the results.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Convict Cove

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks Jamie,please let me know how you do. I had next week off to come down to the lake,but I now have to drive to Arizona to pick up my elk meat. My buddy was going to bring it to me on his way to Illinois but the wind blew him off his roof and he broke his leg,ankle,and collarbone. Please catch some for me.
    SHUT UP AND FISH

Post Thanks / Like

Man you all got me going crazy, I can't take it no more I NEED TO GET HOME. 24 more hours I think I can do it. LOL Bugman you ready for the 26th?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy you do the "beer a year" thing the same as you always have, until one day you wake up and cant figure out if it was to many beers or too many years that are causing you to feel the way you do!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You must love elk meat that is one hell of a drive i made it a couple of years ago and wont make that mistake again,hope your buddy is ok.Dave i'm ready and looking forward to it.fryguy i love shawnee bend i spend alot of time there till the big boats come out which looks like it will be early this year i planned on fishing that area today but with the wind they forecast i might try to hide in the glaize i have your number and if i fish that part of the lake this weekend i'll give you a call.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie