Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Boat Dog

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Boat Dog

This is Charlie, the new addition to the family and soon to be boat dog. He's adapting to our family pretty well, a little skittish at times but for the most part pretty laid back and doing really well with the weenie dogs. Some of y'all already know that Paul's dad passed away in September and we've spent most of our free time up in Missouri settling his estate. Charlie was one of his dogs (Paul's sister took the other one home with her). He was a farm dog up until 3 weeks ago when he came home with us. Can't wait to get him out in the boat and see how he does. I know he loves the water from seeing him at the farm pond. I just hope he doesn't bail out of the boat cause he's gonna be hard to haul back in. He's about 100 lbs and solid as a rock. Mostly Lab, but there's maybe some mastiff mixed in? His ears aren't Lab ears and his head is bigger and blockier, plus he has an underbite. Thank goodness he doesn't drool!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking pup.

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking dog. Add a little mastiff to a Lab...'cause Labs aren't big enough? :D Just watch out what he tries to put in his mouth. Labs will literally eat anything.

Bless your hearts for taking him in. My wife and I volunteer in dog rescue/adoption and you be amazed how many family members of the deceased just turn their backs on a dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he starts drulling when he eyeballs them crappie

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Its great that you took him in, too many times folks just set them loose. Hope the guy above rewards you with tons of crappie next year cause you are what I call "Good People".
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good un. If he's got some Mastiff, they have an unbelievably great temperament. Ours is a true gentle giant. My wife hauls him around everywhere.

My puppy ain't allowed in my boat or the cab of my truck though. He's just too dang big (180). Here's some pics of us wrasslin in the yard this spring and one of him playing "dress up" with a buddy's son at a recent tourney weigh in.

Post Thanks / Like

thats a big dog
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

that dog should make a great boat buddy. looks pretty laid back,,,, maby stay close to shore first few min. to see how it reacts....

Post Thanks / Like

how much does he weigh
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Its great that you took him in, too many times folks just set them loose. Hope the guy above rewards you with tons of crappie next year cause you are what I call "Good People".
    Paul and Vonna are absolutely GOOD PEOPLE and caring too.Nice looking dog can not wait to fish with him.Mabe Paul and I can keep up with him better.lolThumbs Up
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast