Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Crappie.com Calendars on sale now

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Crappie.com Calendars on sale now

The 2012 Calendars final design has been approved and they will be on the presses very soon. Yikess did a fantastic job, thank you very much.

A total of 62 pictures are in the calendar, 17 bigger ones and the rest smaller to fit into specific dates. So pretty much everyone mentioned in the Finalists Article will have a picture in the calendar:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/content/248-semi-finalists-aug-sept-photo-contest-calendar-candidates.html

But there are actually more than that. Some of you submitted photos prior to the contest that were included too.

Anyway, this is my thought process on how I’d like to handle the Calenders. I’ve ordered 1000 of them. The cost to produce a thousand was not much different than producing 500, so I simply ordered a thousand.

I do not think I can sell a thousand before the end of the year, so I’m not going to do so. I’m going to sell some for a couple weeks, then I’m going to give the rest away. Yes, you can wait to get one free, or you can order them ahead of time. Sounds strange, but I know some members want more than one, and I know many members would not mind covering some of the costs, or donating to the following cause.

The cause, the crappie.com "Member in need" fund. I’m not trying to make any money off the calendars. Any money that I take in beyond the cost of the calendars I will keep in a fund. The fund will be used in 2012 for “members in need”. In 2011 I gave to a couple “members in need” and I also gave to some members friends that were in need due to the Joplin Disaster. I did not give much, I gave it in the name of Crappie.com and I did not publicise it. It’s just something I felt compelled to do, and I was happy to do so. I’ll let everyone know how much is in the fund, but I won’t be discussing where it goes, recipients will remain anonymous (unless of course I donate to something general, like the Joplin event).

The fund actually has $150 in it already. DMW1960 held a raffle at the LOZ Crappie Camp and raised $150. Thanks for starting all this Dan. You can read that story here:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/conte...ppie-camp.html

They are very cool calenders. Cost to me including shipping will be about $5 each. If you want to buy them, I have them for sale on bragNwear.com. With each calendar I’ll include a crappie.com decal. Here’s a link where you can buy them now:

Crappie fishing crappie.com

Now don’t forget though, you don’t have to buy one, about mid December, I’m going to give the calendars away free, only one per member though. You’ll have to send a request via PM to a specific Crappie.com ID I will create later.

Also, if you are a member that is listed in the Calender Contest Finalists Page:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/content/248-semi-finalists-aug-sept-photo-contest-calendar-candidates.html
    I promised you could have one free. Please PM my daughter with your mailing address. Her Screen Name is “bragNwear” (if you have not already provided it to me, I have a long list already). She will send one out to you for your photo contribution.

I hope this all makes sense. Please let me know if you have any questions. We had a wonderful 2011, and we'll have an even better 2012.

Last edited by Slab; 11-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered 3. Cant wait to get them in. Thanks Slab!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Handicrappie View Post
    Just ordered 3. Cant wait to get them in. Thanks Slab!
    Thank you very much for your order and your donation Handicrrappie.

I forgot to mention, if you do order, we won't be able to ship till about end of next week. I'm just guessing, but if they print like they are supposed to, tomorrow, then I'm sure there's a little more in the process that needs to take place before they ship to me, and then I can start shipping. No biggie, I just wanted to let you know about the slight delay.
    Owner

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 3 to give to friends. Be a good way for us to spread the word about the site to friends.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I'll order 3 also. Got couple of friends that need one.

Post Thanks / Like

I was questioned about the Moon Phases, and yes, the calendar does have Moon Phase info on them.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I was questioned about the Moon Phases, and yes, the calendar does have Moon Phase info on them.
    Of course it does, it's a calendar! Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, your a good man to do all you do for people. Were proud to be part of your website, and part of all the great people on it...Thanks, Crappie 1 & Crappie 2

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie 1 View Post
    Ed, your a good man to do all you do for people. Were proud to be part of your website, and part of all the great people on it...Thanks, Crappie 1 & Crappie 2
    X2!!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.440245,-86.835241
    Jlittle23

Post Thanks / Like

How big are the calanders
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast