Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New St Croix panfish series

Post Thanks / Like

Default New St Croix panfish series

Curious if anybody has had a chance to look at these rods in a 9 or 10 from St Croix. I know its a new rod series this year
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-10-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

N let us know when you get them and use them
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting rods. I am very familiar with St Croix. I have many of their rods and I rate them as one of the overall best rod builders. This is a new blank for them. It combines scII premier blank material with their top of the line scVI material. I'll bet it's going to be one of the best panfish rods maybe even light walleye rod I have had my hands on. I'll have to go out today and see if I can find any locally and have a look see. It isn't cheap, but $100 to $180 and $120 for my favorite 7ft length isn't excessive if the rod is a hit. I like the minimus reel seats and the color. St. Croix Rods - Panfish Series One of the things i miss about being in NY is that I could run over to Erie PA to the FISHUSA warehouse and handle anything they had in stock, and I see they have these already.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about getting one. I already have a Premier 6'6" Light. I have decided to get the Premier 7' ml instead. The main reason for me is- The Premier is Made in the USA and the Panfish is Made in Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Bowler. I missed that.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup they look really good till the made in Mexico part. I just don't think I'll pay over a $100 for a rod that's not made in the USA. I love the short front grip, I never understood why most longer crappie rods front handels are so long. I like to have a finger on the blank at all times.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested. My local Bass Pro won't carry Loomis trout/panfish rods, but they do carry the St. Croix rods. I'm hoping to take a look at them soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried them
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the deal on the Tennessee handle on rods i can't find any on the net.......Have all the companies stopped making them ,other than custom rod builders?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BJH View Post
    Whats the deal on the Tennesee handle on rods i can't find any on the net.......Have all the companies stopped making them ,other than custom rod builders?
    You mean like these : ESP™ High Performance Ultra Light Rods by Norsemen Outdoors

ALL ESP rods, except the short UL ones, have the (Poodle Tail) handle extension.
    ALL ESP rods have micro-guides on the uppermost half of the rod (does not work well with slipfloat stoppers).
    ALL ESP rods have the Tenn style handle ... outer portion being graphite, with the blank running thru it .. & blank is connected to outer graphite handle with metallic disks, to transmit vibrations (VAT System).
    High Modulus graphite blanks - fast action tips - hook retainer - very light weight - strong

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast