Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harbour Freight Trailer Tires??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harbour Freight Trailer Tires??

I found some 5.30 x 12 trailer tires with rims at Harbour Freight Tools. They are on sale for 49.99 and I also can use a 20% OFF COUPON. Bass Pro has them for 101.99 + an additional $6
    added to shipping charges.
    Wal-Mart has them for 74.99.
    I buy a lot of things at Harbour Freight and have always been satisfied with them. Has anybody ever tried these tires? They look really good to me and for the money I can't see not giving them a try.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

As you say harbour has some good products and if something happen you should have a warranty
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably be OK for your short trips to Nimrod. But if I was going very far , I'd invest in some high quality trailer tires. One blowout on the highway could wipe out your rig. Just remember , you get what you pay for. I buy good quality tires as my boat is heavy. I bought mine over in Russellville and paid over 70.00 per tire but they are heavy tires.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

What is the ply of the tires i sell rims and tires so i can tell you the truth i went from trailer tires to regular tires on my ranger which is a dual axle and have had them on there for three years now.
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

2X on that. In this case "a penny saved could be a hundred spent". I vote for top quality tires on my trailer.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

It is all in the eyes of the beholder

Post Thanks / Like

My Dad loves Harbor freight.
    My opinion it's the place were they sell the cheap junk. Save some money up if need be and buy good quality.
    I would sure hate to have a blow out and cost me a bunch of repairs or skin up my rig.
    again MY OPINION.
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team

Post Thanks / Like

I spend my money at the local tire shop, a really good guy runs the place and I prefer to spend my money in my home town when I can. Trailer tires I don't skimp on, and the same can be said for tools.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pair of Goodyear tires (American made) this past year. I orderd them online and saved close to $100 vrs. getting them locally. I think I had like $225 for the pair once I got them mounted and balanced though. Theyre some real good 6 ply tires. I dont skimp on boat trailer tires either.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your road hazard. My local shop treats me right. After a guy spends all the time "shopping" for the best deal, buys online, loads them and drives tires and boat to local shop to get them mounted and balanced, I just dont see how you are saving any money??? It might be different for me though, 5 tractors, 4 dually trucks, 8 trailers, 3 boats, etc. etc. Plus when I'm in a hurry or don't have my check book it's no prob. I pull in get fixed up, drink a ice cold Mt. Dew, visit with the guys etc. Try that with you online store????
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast