Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pine Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pine Lake

Heading out for the first time this year! I think we're going to be going to pine lake and give that a try. Supposed to be catching some bluegills and crappies there. I guess we'll see. Hopefully the weather holds out!

Swanie Guest

Hi! Is Pine lake over by Eldora?

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that's the one. Not sure if it will be any good yet. Have to wait and see I guess. I'm just ready to get the pole in the water! :D
    Last edited by got2lb; 04-13-2006 at 10:07 AM.

Swanie Guest

Default Pine Lake

HI! I have never fished Pine lake. Have fished the Iowa River in the Iowa Falls area. Also fished Brushy Creek Lake. That is a nice lake. Have not tried it for crappies yet.
    Right now I am down in Okeechobee, Flordia. Been here all winter. Great fishing down here. Will be heading back to Iowa Falls at the end of the month.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

These were all caught at Brushy! Best crappies I've ever caught!!! There are some HUGE ones in there if you can find them in all that structure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a nice stringer of fish there. Good going......

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Brushy last Friday. The water was 58 degrees, but I couldn't buy a bite on anything. Only saw one fish caught all day. I did manage to wrap my prop around some of the wood structure there though. Got a new one and I am ready to hit it again one of these days.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

Well we ended up at Beeds Lake not Pine. Ended up keeping 2 doz. blue gills threw back probably a dozen smaller ones. Also caught 2 decent crappies and one smaller one. It ended up being a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

We're going to head down to brushy here in a couple weeks. What were you using for bait? Did they have the docks in yet? It doesn't surprise me you hit something in that lake! It would be more of a surprise if you DIDN'T hit something! :D

Post Thanks / Like

We were throwing crawlers, leaches and minnows. We also tried tube jigs. The docks are in too. The water temp rose 10 degrees in a week or so. With the cooler weather now, we will have to watch it and see.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been there once and that was when we caught that nice stringer. The first day we caught a few nice walleyes and some FAT bluegills then the next day a few more walleyes and then the crappies.

I don't think we caught anything on minnows. When we were fishing up in the shallows there were just millions of minnows swimming around. So we switched to leaches and that's when we started hitting the walleyes. Just used a 1/16th jig head with a leach under a slip bobber.

The crappies we caught using a 1/16th jighead and twister tails.