Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam on History Channel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vietnam on History Channel

I tried to watch but way too close to home. Way too many friends lost. If this wasn't your generation you need to watch it. If you were there it's hard to watch.
    Please remember our vets this Friday.

USN UDT Team 22 1965-1968
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot it was on I'll have to set up the TiVo

Post Thanks / Like

For ALL whom have served, Thank You.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the war from my living room TV. I was too young to be involved but had a classmate who lost a brother in the Marines. He was a star basketball player who everybody looked up to. He died just a few days from coming home. Our entire 7th grade class witnessed the classmate being notified of his death. That really brought it home.

I was 17 when the draft was done away with and after watching stinking hippie types spit on our Patriots returning home from the war, I decided the military wasn't for me. I didn't think beating a hippie to near-death for spitting on me was in my best interest. I've always regretted not going into the military since my Dad and Brother both served.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, I can remember that day like it was yesterday. I will never forget them coming to the classsroom and telling one of our classmates what had happened. I was in the second grade but can remember well.
    A Special Thanks To All Veterans that Have Served and Are Serving Now. You are why we can do what we do.
    Just wish it will be passed on to the younger ones for the importance..
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I did 7+ yrs ARMY. Watched the first part of the show, then came in here to tie jigs and see what you guys were up to. I did notice though that they were carrying M14s...we all had M16s when I was in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I watched the war from my living room TV. I was too young to be involved but had a classmate who lost a brother in the Marines. He was a star basketball player who everybody looked up to. He died just a few days from coming home. Our entire 7th grade class witnessed the classmate being notified of his death. That really brought it home.

I was 17 when the draft was done away with and after watching stinking hippie types spit on our Patriots returning home from the war, I decided the military wasn't for me. I didn't think beating a hippie to near-death for spitting on me was in my best interest. I've always regretted not going into the military since my Dad and Brother both served.
    You must be about my age. They stopped the draft about the time time I turn 18. I think i still had to regerest but it was over then. Had a lot of friend that had to server. This was not a war we went to win. Some of the ones we have been in since may be the same.
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot it was on, I'll try to watch a little tonight but most times programs like that take me places I don't need to be. There are 44 names on the Wall from my assault helicopter co.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,
    I was to young but my Dad did serve in Vietnam and he still lives with the pain of the memories. He just about can't watch any of these shows, I watched a little bit of it last night and it was pretty tough. Our Country owes everything to you guys that have fought,served and died for our Freedoms!! God Bless You All!!! Here is a picture of my my pop William Earl (Babe) Parker, most of you know he had the bypass surgery earlier this year and I almost lost him. Thank You All For Your Service!!
    Thanks, Lynn

Name:  pop 11-15-09.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  63.0 KBName:  Pop 9-28-10.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  54.7 KB

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in the Air Force in the 70's. I remember returning home and some POS standing on the corner flipping me off and shouting baby killer. I got to say it still pisses me off if I let it. I usually just won't let it.
    Today it's a different world and a different mind set. I ofter wonder about that guy and others like him. People and their values do change as they get older. I often wonder what these folks and what they tell their children today about their action and about our returning Vets. I would almost bet most wouldn't admit to their actions it.
    I got to say the whole idea of hippies and all the "free love" sounded pretty good to me. I never knock them guys, I just wish I could have gotten in on it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast