Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brush piles

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Brush piles

Hey guys its been awhile for me, you know work work work and and honey do's so no play at all. Well I have been busy fixing up a 15 foot aluminum v hull boat ( my first boat) so I have been pretty busy. My question is is it legal to place your own brushpiles in Missouri lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

Check with your local lake MDC folks as I know some can write you a free permit to cut specific species on your lake.

Quote Originally Posted by catchem32 View Post
    Hey guys its been awhile for me, you know work work work and and honey do's so no play at all. Well I have been busy fixing up a 15 foot aluminum v hull boat ( my first boat) so I have been pretty busy. My question is is it legal to place your own brushpiles in Missouri lakes?
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

You can place brush piles in Smithville, but you either call the lake office or the corps...can't remember which. You also have to place them North of the bridges. They don't want brush piles in the ski area unless they put them there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback! Smithville is the lake I prefer so that helped a lot. Now with some free time guess I will hit the lake this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wondered about the artificial structure? Is it legal to put structure like Mossbacks and such into the lakes? Just curious, it would be nice to have a spot I only know about!

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great cause those moss backs are nice. If we can put moss backs in I will be ordering about 6 of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they mind, as long as you don't put anything that would be considered toxic, or dangerous. But I've heard of those being stolen when found by others

Post Thanks / Like

dont know for sure, but i put them out. not moss backs to many dollars for me

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the bioligist on lake ozark years ago and he said as long as it's natural they have no problem with it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

The only structure you can put in Smithville is wood, nothing else. You have to get a permit and tell them where you are putting it and it also has to have 10' of water over it.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast