Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brewer Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brewer Lake

I fished Brewer lake yesterday afternoon from 3-7 pm. It was my first time there. I figured the fish must be biting because the parking lot was full at 3 in the afternoon. I managed to catch 12 decent crappie in the 10-13 inch range, all but one was male, and 3 bass. All were on jig tipped minnows. The lake is very low and you can see the brush piles sticking out of the water. I picked up seven from one pile. I think the morning bite should be good. I plan to hit it at daylight tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Ive always wondered about that lake

Post Thanks / Like

There's a guy at work that crappie fishes there and likes it a lot. He spider rigs and does well from what he tells me...a lot of 12+" fish.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

Did you have any trouble launching your boat? I've been meaning to go there, but had been told it was too low to launch a boat. If nothing else it would be a good time to get a GPS fix on the brush piles.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Samh, Had no problem launching at all. This is a perfect time to mark the piles. No problem finding the them as low as it is right now. Well I'm out of here to go fish it this morning. I'll let everyone know how I do...