Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BeauClaire and canals

Post Thanks / Like

Default BeauClaire and canals

Does anyone know how the dredging and cleanup of the lake and canals is progressing?
    BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Lake Slab Daddy View Post
    Does anyone know how the dredging and cleanup of the lake and canals is progressing?
    BLSD
    Yes, i am checking on them regularly , as they are scheduled to come right on down to my canal next, which will be a year or so away for sure. The dredge has been running since SEPT 15 apx. There are flag bouys all around the dredge where the pipeline runs. they are currently between the entrance to the beauclaire canal and Lake Carlton entrance if that give you an insight as to location. they are however busy moving from time to time. you can gain access to the beauclair apopka canal , just stay between the bouy flags on that side and the point going in, ignore the pole for now .(just dont run into it)( The buoys are lite at night so you can see to get in and out).they are supposed to always keep it open for navigation until the job is done, but when they get right in the mouth of the canal i am not sure how that can be.
    i have taken pictures to post, which i will do soon.
    i also will do some structure screen shots on my hds7 that are awesome of the bottom where they have been.
    bye the way, you would think all that noise would scare off the fish, but i am marking the heck out of fish on the outside of the buoy line--crazy!
    My canal, the golf course canal, will be taken back to bottom, so it should be nice sandy bottom with crystal clear water when done, as the 7 million dollar nurf plant to clean the water is working perfectly, and the water in the canals are Clear, Clear even now.
    we are getting now the famous Coon Tail Vegetaion that i am called aquatic mgmt about several times.
    Honk on the way bye! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappiegirl!! I tried to go back to the golf course about 2 months ago with my new 84# thrust trolling motor and couldn't make it through. Glad they're making progress! One of my favorite places to fish!
    BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Lake Slab Daddy View Post
    Thanks Crappiegirl!! I tried to go back to the golf course about 2 months ago with my new 84# thrust trolling motor and couldn't make it through. Glad they're making progress! One of my favorite places to fish! BLSD
    I live 6 houses from the main canal on the canal that goes to golf course yes there is the shallow patch but I get in and out ok with motor up or tolling motor set shallow to golf course was just down there last el scouting come on over you'll be fine let me know when

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Crappiegirl! A friend of mine used to speck fish back there, but I have always bass fished back there.
    I'll give it a go soon but not until the bite is off in Monroe! Then I'll have to go to my honey holes elsewhere.Thanks again!
    BLSD

Post Thanks / Like

I am wanting to go to Monroe soon but need to hook up with .com members that are familiar

Post Thanks / Like

BLSD put me on the Monroe slabs, and it was my first time to that body of water. Not to put him on the spot, but it's true.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Well sometimes dredging could be good
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished those canals a long time ago. I believe that I've played golf at that little course too...Village Green or something. We caught some nice specks back there in those days. I went back last year, but lost my way and fished some other unproductive canals. Oh well. There is so much water to fish in Central FL., hard to fish it all.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiegirl,
    I intend to be on Monroe Sat. A.M. I would be glad to show you what little I know.Lot's of other guys that know more than I do ,just can't get them out there when I'm there. P.M. me sometime and I'll help you with what I can!
    BLSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast