Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 11/7 before the rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11/7 before the rain

Went up from Bucksaw. Caught 9 keepers and several shorts from 2 fow to 14 fow....can't find a pattern. Used mainly black/chart. but tried a few other colors also with no luck.

Post Thanks / Like

The pattern is there is no pattern. These fish are from deep to shallow. I've been in the same creek and in an hours time caught fish in 2ft of water and 2ft deep in 15 feet of water. If you catch a shallow fish in deep water, drop down to the bottom and come up slowly. The main thing is these fish are on the bite and very catchable. Good Luck!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

On Saturday I caught 10. Used 3" slab slayers and 1/4 oz jig. Black/Chart. was the best for me. Best luck I had was bringing the jig up a foot off of the bottom and holding it there. Within a few seconds I'd feel the thump!! Good luck, hopefully I can break loose and try again next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Braggin Board View Post
    The pattern is there is no pattern. These fish are from deep to shallow. I've been in the same creek and in an hours time caught fish in 2ft of water and 2ft deep in 15 feet of water. If you catch a shallow fish in deep water, drop down to the bottom and come up slowly. The main thing is these fish are on the bite and very catchable. Good Luck!!!!
    Interesting. That's how I fish alot of the time.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you got out and got a few. I hope to get out in the morning and see what the rain did to the bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    At least you got out and got a few. I hope to get out in the morning and see what the rain did to the bite.
    I did fail to mention that part, getting out and just fishing is the best part.