Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: trip with ronnie capps

Post Thanks / Like

Default trip with ronnie capps

i have fished with alot of guides, but i was a little nervous fishing one of the best known crappie fisherman around. it started like it has for me all year, very unfavorable fishing conditions. i met ronnie at his house at daylight and from the start i felt comfotable talking with him, very nice guy, you could tell he was a little concerned about the wind and weather and that we would not be able to fish the part of reelfoot that he wanted to. so we ventured out to a different part of the lake to stay out of the wind as best that we could. first of all anyone who has not been to reelfoot it is hard to explain, i had always heard it had alot of standing timber, holy **** it has timber and stumps everywhere exspecially when the lake it down like it is now. even though it was hairy in places i want to say it is one prettier lakes i have ever seen, tons of wildlife everywhere. we got to our spot and put 8 14 foot b&m jp poles out, i am thinking the wind is blowing 20mph with 30 to 35 coming every so often how are we gonna go around the thousands of stumps we have in front of us and catch fish. well i will tell you how put ronnie on the trolling motor and you will not only catch fish you won't even get hung up, that by itself is a site to see. we hung in thier all day, cold hands and feet, runny noses, but the time passed quick as we talked and laughed all day. we maneaged a couple dozen fish with 1/3 at 2lb plus. after we pulled out went by his and met his family all of them are very nice people. i can't wait to fish with ronnie again, he gave me some pointers that i can't wait to use this weekend. anyone gets a chance call him up you won't be dissapointed.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-08-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Best money I have spent on crappie fishing this year was the trip - took on october 30. He is a true professional and good guyTom

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Care to share some of the pointers?
    NightProwler

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day. Ronnie and Steve are the best out there for sure! We compete against them but still have a ton of respect for those two. It's hard not to be a fan because those two are the true pioneers of the sport!!

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day even though the weather was not great.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

wow sounds like quite the day.....what lake did you fish?

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day on the water regardless of the weather. It's nice to hear that the people you read about and learn from are great guys. Thanks for the report.
    Get Da Net! :D

Post Thanks / Like

So 8 fish at 2lb+? From Reelfoot? That would be the best day of fishing anyone has ever had on the lake...
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

well maybe you should hire ronnie to teach you how to fish the lake.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

I don't doubt the greatness of Ronnie Capps, that you had a great trip, or that you caught a lot of really good fish while picking up some great tips from the best. To hear that you bested the unbelievable day that C & C had during the RF CrappieMasters tourney 2010 ( http://www.crappiemasters.net/home/i...ults&Itemid=62 ) is kinda tough to swallow. Given the 35 mph winds n all...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast