Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering new boat and need to know whats normal on down to order

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ordering new boat and need to know whats normal on down to order

I have had at least 10 new bass boats I ordered up to 07. Then the war eagle in 07. I knew my dealer on all the bass boats so they only needed $1000 to order a $33 to $44 thousand dollar boat. The war eagle predator I ordered from a dealer in mo and I didn't know them and was a $24 thousand dollar boat and he took $1500 down. I am now looking at an xpress crappie boat at a little under $30 thousand and am being told that I will have to put at least 15% down which makes me nervous because what if something happened and they go out of business or something then I am out a lot of cash. I can see $1500 but anymore is scary today especiially llc business's

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think Express is going to go out of business.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    I do not think Express is going to go out of business.
    I think he means the dealer.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Yep dealer. Do not know the dealer and they may be fine but I just went through a collapse at my job a year ago after 25 years and they didn't pay anyone and owed lots to everyone and just walked away and said we are done. Everyone screwed. As I said I am trying to see if anyone has a solution to risk that might work? As I said if only $1500 I would mot worry so much at all. But $5000 plus down. After what I seen last year who really knows. Oh and that business I worked for never even shut it's doors but just changed it's name and never lost a day of business but nobody got paid. Probably a million dollars they walked away from at least

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The only boat that I have ever ordered and had to pay a deposit on was a BassTracker that I ordered in 1984 the deposit was $500. Since then I have ordered several different boats from different dealers and payed no deposit....just paid the boat in full when I picked it up. I ordered a new Sea Ark back in April and payed no money down to order......the boat came in and the dealer rigged it like I wanted and I payed him. And no.....the dealer did not know me. Maybe you need to check with another dealer.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Find another dealer. Express has more than one, I'm sure.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Give BigRiverMarine a shout and see what he will do. He is a member here on C.c and he own's the Express dealership in West Memphis, Arkansas He claims that he can beat anybodys deal.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

If you are ordering a boat you have to look at the dealers side of things, they need some kind of protection too. If the boat was on the lot, then yes a little down payment would be the norm. Anything that the dealer orders might be risk of the buyer backing out and then the dealer could have a boat that they really didn't want to have to pay on. Works both ways. And $30,000.00 seems pretty high for an 18' crappie boat. I sure hope you don't have a problem with the foam under the floor absorbing water like I have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually the more cash you have on hand the better the deal you get as well. At least that is what I get, I usually pay the boat off once it is delivered or I finance very little. And if you put down a large down payment they know how serious you are and will do what it takes to make sure you get the boat you want and make you happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to pay cash for the boat when it gets here. As far as the.foam what is.up.with that? It seems all I.here is that Xpress has problems. . Getting nervous again. Can you please tell me about foam problem? As far as a lot for 18pfc at $29000 my final this is with 788 humminbird at dash with gd and gps plus 3 series on trolling motor with gps. Then 24 v and 3I bank charger. Swing tongue and led on trailer and alum wheels and spare. Lighted boxes and livewell hydraulic steering 115 4 stroke pro power pole and jack plate with remote custom seats and extra 3rd seat. Xtreme coat recur livewells. Ratchet straps on trailer. Nice ladder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast