Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holder Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Question

I have a new lowe st195 and I am going to mount 2 hiteck rod holders front and back.Only want to do this 1 time so must get it right.Question is do you mount your rod holders at a angle parallel with the side of the boat.or do you mount them facing forward in the front and backwards in the back.any input will be appreciated.Why?one way or the other does it make a difference?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO it makes zero difference since the hitecks are adjustable to any angle.

Post Thanks / Like

it all depends on how you want to position them
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes no difference the T bar swings 360, just stay out of the way of your trolling motor, and sit in your seats to insure correct distance
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

I mounted mine where the base would be in the way the least. The tbar can be rotated 360 degrees as stated above so it is all up to your preference for looks and keeping it out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

It is up to you
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    Makes no difference the T bar swings 360, just stay out of the way of your trolling motor, and sit in your seats to insure correct distance
    X2. Try to replicate fishing conditions as much as possible before drilling. My wife thought I was crazy "fishin in the driveway", but my set-up is comfortable and everything works.

Post Thanks / Like

as stated above the adjust fully.....I have 2 sets of the 4 rod Hi-teks, I use them to long line and to vert troll off the front & back of the boat.....do your self a favor and buy 2 extra bases/floor mounts that way you can run them on ea side of the boat to long line with and you could also use both sets on the front when you need to slow vert push/troll.....the bases/floor mounts are pretty inexpensive, and you get alot more options of boat placement with the extra bases/floor mounts....by the way good choice on the Hi-teks, they are the best racks Ive ever used.....have a great one, God bless!!

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Was at a CDC get together this past weekend and evreyone I talked to with hi-teks said that you better put a lifepreserver on your rods because they will fly out of the holders if your longlining and get hung up on a stump. One guy said he lost 2 rods before he wised up and put a short piece of swim noodle on his. Good luck with your project.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    imo it makes zero difference since the hitecks are adjustable to any angle.
    2x. Here's how I have mine up front.

Name:  000_0007.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  52.0 KB

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast