Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck or Bad Omens????????pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Luck or Bad Omens????????pics

I pick 4 leaf clovers. Habit I guess. Today I found a five leaf clover. I have only found 2 others in the past half century. What this mean????
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for bad luck. Shoulda been fishing instead of roaming around in the yard looking at the ground. LOL, glad you found it Tom. Whats the latest on the Frank trip?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Just accute observation, Tom ...

I've always been able to find 4 leaf clovers, most any time I look at a patch for more than a couple of minutes :D
    Now, when I was a small boy, we had a Peach tree in the back yard ... clover grew around it (and over most of the back yard, in general). I could look in that patch under the Peach tree, and find 8-10 four leafers in less than 2 minutes. I even found 5's,6's,7's,8's, and even one 9 leafer (and no, they weren't multiple plants that grew "together" .. they each originated from a single stem). I used to cut plastic squares, press the 4 leafers in a book, then put them between two squares of the plastic and staple them around the edges - sold or gave them away as "Good Luck Charms" I think the going price was $0.05 apiece :p but hey ... that was a candy bar or pocket full of bubble gum, back then ... LOL !!
    Do I think they are "lucky charms" ....... well, I've made it thru life for 50yrs since then, caught my share of Crappie, found this place, and have all you "crappie crazy's" as my "friends" ..... you be da judge ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    I've always been able to find 4 leaf clovers, most any time I look at a patch for more than a couple of minutes :D
    Now, when I was a small boy, we had a Peach tree in the back yard ... clover grew around it (and over most of the back yard, in general). I could look in that patch under the Peach tree, and find 8-10 four leafers in less than 2 minutes. I even found 5's,6's,7's,8's, and even one 9 leafer (and no, they weren't multiple plants that grew "together" .. they each originated from a single stem). I used to cut plastic squares, press the 4 leafers in a book, then put them between two squares of the plastic and staple them around the edges - sold or gave them away as "Good Luck Charms" I think the going price was $0.05 apiece :p but hey ... that was a candy bar or pocket full of bubble gum, back then ... LOL !!
    Do I think they are "lucky charms" ....... well, I've made it thru life for 50yrs since then, caught my share of Crappie, found this place, and have all you "crappie crazy's" as my "friends" ..... you be da judge ......... cp
    Ok Pappy, bad luck it is...
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Tom that means that your live well will be over run with slabs.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

If you were standing underneath a ladder holding a black cat and used a broken mirror to find them, I'd say bad luck.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Bad luck is better than no luck at all!

Hope for the best and forget about the rest.
    LET IT RIP!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I vote for bad luck. Shoulda been fishing instead of roaming around in the yard looking at the ground. LOL, glad you found it Tom. Whats the latest on the Frank trip?
    Frank is fighting the wind here. He said all the coves that were out of the wind were full of boats. I think he was disgusted with the wind here. Well, it is that time of the year. He said all the coves that were out of the wind were full of boats. Most boats were out of state. Imagine that!!!
    I think they all know where I live ( out of staters). ha..They can't catch the all!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

What do you get when you cross a four leaf clover and poison ivy?

A rash of back luck….

As long as you don't have any poison ivy in your yard, it looks like you should be getting some good luck….

So go fishin

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

5 leaf clover = 5lb crappie.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast