Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fly line help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly line help

I have been using a flyline LF-6 Green in color, for the longest. It is hollow. All I see on the shelves and on line is DT and WF lines. I need level float. It was made by Cordland 33. Thanks for helping me to find some if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it. WF (wgtfwdfloating) is a good choice. I put on line one wgt heavier than the rod is rated for, makes easier casting. I purchase all my line for 9.50, 2nds from DiscountFishingTackleInc. Denver, Co. Have used their lines for years, 30-50 dollar line, but 2nds at 9.50. Excellent line and at that price I can change line every year if I wish. Can't beat the deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scoot,

Scientific Angler still makes their Air-Cell series line in a level 6 wt. in green. Here is a link from a quick search.

Fly Line

Cortland also makes their Fairplay series in a level floating 6 wt. Here is a link.

Cortland Fairplay Floating Level Fly Lines

I'm not recommending either of the sources, only showing them to reflect the availability. Any dealer that handles either brand should be able to help locate, or order it in for you.

If you have trouble finding a 6 wt. level floating, let me know. I think I may have a new one still in a box, somewhere.
    Last edited by boatstall; 11-04-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: correction
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another link straight from Cortland. Marketed now as a "running" line, but is still available in a 5 thru 7 wt.

Cortland - 333+ Level Line - Floating (75')

Post Thanks / Like

Another option is to buy a DT line and cut 10' off the front and back. That would still give you about a 70' line.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    I need level float.
    Why do you need level line? I'm just curious. The reason it's so hard to find is that very few people use it anymore. If that's what works for you, though, go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason is I fish from little bayous in south La. I can troll in the middle of the bayou and reach both sides with just 20' of line. I cut it in three pieces. I fish with three different 8' flyrods and three different baits. I don't lose any time changing baits. I just change flyrod. I have been doing this for almost 50 years. Thanks boatstall for the response. I will order soon. Also deathb4disco that is the reason. Why cut 10 ft. I want a straight line. Thanks again fellows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    Why cut 10 ft. I want a straight line.
    Because the DT is a straight line except for the front and back end. That's why it's called a double taper. There's a taper at both ends, but the middle 70' or so is a straight, level line.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand what you're doing now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Boatstall, Irecieved my LF 6 from a company from Calf. It is the right thing. Thanks all for yor help.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are back in business Scoot.

Pirogues, small bayous and fly lines, doesn't get any better than that. Catching is the lagniappe.