Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody used "Mr. Crappie" line by Bass pro???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anybody used "Mr. Crappie" line by Bass pro???

Bought my first spool today, seems to be very hard to break with pretty good feel. I think it will be as good or better than stren hi-vis gold i have on a few poles. Think i gave $7.00 for the spool of Mr. Crappie line, over 1,000 yards. Not bad. Anyone used / using this line?? What do you think about it ?? Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

stren hi-vis gold is hard to beat. I'd say 90% of the people in alot of the areas I fish use it and wouldnt use anything else. I might give mr. crappie a try if you say its good.

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in texas we use mostly Mr. Crappie hi vis line. Not much memory , very strong line & easy to see the bite. Good Luck on whatever line you choose

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I beg to differ

We thought the Mr Crappie line was very tough, but the memory made it a pain to use for cast and retrieve on our ULs. Too many problems with line twist no matter how we spooled it. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

my favorite line of all time was the HiVis gold line. but for some strange reason and i dont know why i quit using it and went to the low vis lines. right now im spooled with the green trilen xtough 6 lb line. its got a nasty habit of coming off the spool in a mess occasionally. Ive never tried the Mr Crappie line
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Lum
    I use it all the time and like it a lot. I mostly vertical jig so casting is not a problem for me. It tends to get spool memory on the small spinning reels I use but they don't hold much line so after breaking off a couple of time I usually end up refilling the reel between every trip or two. I usually use the 6 lb yellow line because I can see it so well and I generally see more of my bites than I feel. My home lake (Mark Twain Lake in Missouri) has a lot of color to the water and the yellow line doesn't seem to hurt. I don't know about how it work in clear lakes.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Default line

Yes I use the BPS Mr Crappie camouflaged 4# line and like it. I have the Hi Vis line on one reel because it came with it also 4# test. I like it and the price is right.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

the camo tends to sink which I do not like bank fishing the hi vis is great. a new spool of 4lb in my future.

Post Thanks / Like

Default can't beat stren

Mr. crappie line does seem to be tough and, the price is very good. I guess I just don't see the line as well as others do, so I still prefer stren
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie line

Thanks guys for the replys. I'll give "Mr. Crappie" line a fair trial, one thing i don't like to hear though has been "line memory". I use the little baitcasters, ( looks like a mini open face baitcaster reel ) for those wandering, get em down at Grizzly jig for around $7.00 - $8.00 each. When line with bad memory comes off looks like your fishin' with a slinky !! Won't do !! I will try it, just spooled one of the little reels up last night. Thanks again.