Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best overall crappie fishing area at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best overall crappie fishing area at LOZ

I'm thinking of buying a place at LOZ. Curious as to where others who fish/know the Lake think the crappie fishing is best throughout the year. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Man if you want numbers and price find a spot around Camdenton or around Mcubbins point. If you want big fish that are hit and miss and cheap head up to Versailles or Greenview. If you want good overall fishing but have to do it from a 30ft boat go to Osage beach. Its gonna cost you an arm and a leg to live there too. My two cents anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Bet you will get a lot of different answers on that. I mostly fish the army rec area or pb 1 I think I do alright there because of knowing the spots in that area and I prefer to fish structure over docks. A buddy of mine will tell you the osage arm around Moonies resort and shoot the docks. I imagine you will find a lot of crappie anywhere you go on the lake once you figure them out. Good Luck and hope you find a place.

Post Thanks / Like

Pin a map on the wall and throw a dart wherever it lands will be great fishing on loz but if i had to choose somewhere to live down there it would be somewhere around Laurie because it is right in between the gravois and the osage(the 2 best big fish areas on loz)and is close to both Niangua arms and fairly close to the Glaize as well and as a bonus the cost of a house would be a bunch less than osage beach or lake ozark,good luck and keep us posted.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Camdenton area for sure is my opinion. Why, lots of calm water areas off the main lake with docks/brush... The big boats dont come by every 30 seconds either. The fish are everywhere and as said befor once you figure them out you wont need to go far.
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

We have a place at the 7mm and it is rough during the summer weekends. THat being sadi, you can go out and catch crappie just about any time, which I'm sure is the same anywhere on the lake. Another thing to think about is proximity to conveniences on land i.e grocery store, hardware store etc.., that is a good thing for us, ewe are close to Laurie. I haven't lived anywhere else, so I can only give my point of veiw on the subject based on my experience. I bet you could scoop up a place for a song right now though.