Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Veteran's Day

On this day, we honor the over 25 million brave men and women who have served in our Armed Forces and defended our great Nation. We live in freedom because of our veterans' courage, dedication of duty, and love of our country. To each and every veteran who served for our nation, especially for you fellow crappie anglers on this great site, THANK YOU!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vets

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chaser
    On this day, we honor the over 25 million brave men and women who have served in our Armed Forces and defended our great Nation. We live in freedom because of our veterans' courage, dedication of duty, and love of our country. To each and every veteran who served for our nation, especially for you fellow crappie anglers on this great site, THANK YOU!!!
    You put it very nicely send thanks I have been out 35 years now

Post Thanks / Like

well said crappie chaser. thanks. I got you beat by one year killer. its been 36 year for me...
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all our vets from the crappieseeker. I sit out on the lake sometimes and think how lucky we are to have our freedom to just go fishing and enjoy ourselves. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Rango

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    well said crappie chaser. thanks. I got you beat by one year killer. its been 36 year for me...

Thanks, Rango & Killer it has been 40 for me.....Seems like yesterday.....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

DonG, i see you was in a helicopter squadron. my brother was the door gunner on a huey gunship in the first air cav. he pulled three tours over in viet nam and earned a purple heart on each trip, with the final one being awarded when he was killed in '69.. He was one year younger than me..hes my hero....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rango, your brother is my hero too.

It has been 38 years for me. I was in some bad places. I lost several good friends. I count my blessings. I am so glad that there is so much support for our comrades in the Middle East. They need our support. I still remember how things were when I returned from "over there". Not pleasant. I hold no grudges.

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rango

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    DonG, i see you was in a helicopter squadron. my brother was the door gunner on a huey gunship in the first air cav. he pulled three tours over in viet nam and earned a purple heart on each trip, with the final one being awarded when he was killed in '69.. He was one year younger than me..hes my hero....
    Your brother was in the middle of the heat. I was fortunate enough to chase down Subs and retrieve astronauts. Never got in the real fighting but there is a closeness among "chopper" boys. We pulled for each other and your brother went the distance. He is a "HERO" to all that know the price that was paid...God bless you
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Retired in 1979 from USN
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

when i got out of the army in oct of 68 i went to work for the po nine months later so almost all my working life has been for the govt in one way or another. I retired from the po in 2001 as a letter carrier and been able to fishing ever since. I count my blessings as i got to retire at 55 as i had no education, quit school to join the army in 63. so now i get plenty of time to do what i wanna do without worrying about somebodys time clock.. I had one daughter that spent 7 years in the af and another that spent 4 years in the navy. I tried to get both of em to stay in but they wouldnt listen. just like i wouldnt listen back when i got out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast