Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobber Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber Problem

:D My line wont pass threw my slip bobber. This is a pain in the a$$. How do i solve this problem?

Line and bead set up. Slip
    Is it the bobber iam using? Weighted kind
    Or the line but i got 2 diffrent lines on and they both wont pass threw the bobber freely. Trilene 6p xl, and spiderwire 6p. When things start heating up i dont want to have my equipment not working right. I think it must be the bobbers they are old i have used them over a year now :D Got really well at not losing any so i have used the same ones.

Post Thanks / Like

:rolleyes: Could be you need more weight on your jig/split shot! You might look at the SMALL opening of the bobber, it might need to be larger and or split. Open the small hole a little with a hook, just like taking paint outa jig eyes. If it is spilt/cracked,,,get a new one. Look at your mono line. If it has line memory(curls), strech it and it will be straight. Hope this helps. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have started using a new style bobber called Wing-it.
    These things are great when used as a slip bobber.They make two kinds one is a slip style the other has a spring on it for set depth.The slip style is the best.takes very little wieght to stand it up and they are super sensitive to strikes.
    Give-em a try i think you will like.:D

Post Thanks / Like

hodster, I just LOVE those 'Wing-its' I bought some that are combo's. They can be slip or spring set. Those bobbers cast GREAT!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself about 8 inches of thin copper wire. Double it so there is a loop at one end. This is ridgid enough to go thru the bobber. Run this thru the bobber then run about 6 inches of your line thru the loop. Pull the copper back out and your line comes with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Wisdom
    :D My line wont pass threw my slip bobber. This is a pain in the a$$. How do i solve this problem?

I think it must be the bobbers they are old i have used them over a year now
    If you look real close I bet there are small grooves worn around the top hole in the bobber. Over time the line cuts into the bobber and will cause it to hang up.
    You can file the length down below the worn area or just buy some new bobbers. I personally think that Thill makes the best floats around. They cost more than most other brands, but you are still talking less money than a spool of line for the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up rework floats

I re-work all my floats when they are new. Size#8 glass seed bead , doll needle, brick red shrink tube from local farm supply. I cut the soft plastic bead off. put a short piece of tube over the float stem leaving enough above the top to grab the bead as it shrinks. put the bead on the doll needle and use it to carefully position it just below the top of the tube. Hit it with the heat gun, let it cool ,remove the needle, and any float problems will be over forever . It works just as well on other brands of balsa floats too. :D
    I was fishing strip mines from bank for gills at 16-18' deep ,a long cast to center. The "designed to fail" float were cutting bad at the top. nothing more fustrating to start to reel in and find you've been fishing 2' instead of 16' Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta agree those Wing-its are great. I have been using them for a few years thats about all I use know.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I was having the same problem. Mine was the monofilament line was twisted and would bunch up at the top of the bobber. I switched to Spiderwire Stealth (6/1 and 8/1.5) and no longer have that problem.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sold on the wing it bobbers too. I fish it w/ a swivel, 3 bb shot and 6lb spiderwire.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast