Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh MR. BLUE GHOST Garland

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh MR. BLUE GHOST Garland

Bobby GARLAND. A couple of years ago it was all about panfish assassins, tubes, and other thing-a-ma-JIGS. Since bobby went global that is the Soft Bait of choice at least here in Norrthern Alabama.

My question is how many of you have been struck by Garland. And who was using them before the break out.

What's your favorite type and color.

Has it replaced your other pre-garland jigs.

For me yes they got me, I started 2yrs ago when emarld shiner was the thing. I prefer shad, although the scent wiggler put on aa good show yesturday so add it to the pot.

My favorite is Blk Licorice for night and early morning. Blue Ice, Red and Blue Thunder, Monkey Milk, have all had there season now its Blus Ghost. I love how patriot looks witth a red jig head but iit hasn't produced tthe way I thought it would. It is a beautiful specimen though. LoL

I still must keep my albino pan fish assassin, blk or orange and chart tube and my chrt slug bug which is a 3in grub with the tail broke off.

Hey I guess I got a box full of everything cuz oneday they bite this the next that.

If there is one drawbaack about the Garland is it is not as durable as others.

Now I'm going to order mine BG's 2.50 a pk online out here they wanting 3.40 and up

Yall have a blessed week
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Garland has the Baby Shad in Albino color. I love Blue Grass, Black Gum, and Elec. Chicken for stained water. My clear water choice is Hologram Ghost. 99% of the time Im fishing a Bobby Garland Baby Shad.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

They make anything else ?????????? 1/32 jighead,some hi-vis vicious 4# some shade..........watch for the TIC

Post Thanks / Like

how do you guys fish the BG's? vertical, LL, ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Swimming, vert, horiz, dead still, falling, rising, etc. etc.
    "I'll live and die a fisherman."Calling John the Fisherman.."

Post Thanks / Like

the slab slayer in black and pink with a minner
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use em to shoot docks, and love em
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have a box of different assassins and curl tails, and a few beavers. Not many painted heads, mostly plain. I use them with all presentations. Natural colors work well for me, and Mighty, try that patriot with a bare head.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Will do skeet, its funny how we get stuck on things and forget about the simple.
    Love, what more can I say

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing BG's since his "G tail" grub many years ago..Been following his baits since then..BGBS are great baits that I have used for a long time...Haven't had much luck with the Slab Slayers, swimming minnow, hyper grubs & scent wigglers..Maybe I should fish them more, but why?Rofl

Too bad Bobby is no longer with us..I just hope Gene Larew doesn't fool around and change the BGBS..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast