Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Garland/Crappie Pro Monster Fest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobby Garland/Crappie Pro Monster Fest

The tournament was a blast, what a great lake! A big thanks to Bobby Garland and Crappie Pro. This lake is a must fish for any crappie fisherman, big black crappie....big. If you plan a fall crappie trip, I suggest you go fish Ft. Gibson Lake; it might be the finest fall fishing in the country. I will be going back before the end of the year, just to catch those black crappie... Fun!

Im hoping they do it again next year, this was the best pay back tournament I have ever fished. The turn out was pour, so we need to figure out how to get more boats out to fish it. Would having it a week earlier bring out more boats? Hopefully you guys on here can help bring out more boats next year....

Thanks-
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

just curious what was the winning weight and big crappe? thanks
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Big fish was 2# something? Winning weight was 20.9 for two days.

There are a ton of 1/14 fish in rhe lake.
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

How did you & Charlie do...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard they got 4th. and I also heard Mr. Huckabee had big fish at 1.95 lbs the second day and made a huge comeback from 15th day one to finish in 5th. That is all I have heard other than there was a lot of huge black crappie caught. Some of them said it was the best ran tournament they had ever been in. May have to make a better attempt at trying to make it next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we took 4th place with 19.23 pounds for two days. We missed out on catching a really big fish both tournament days (big fish for Ft. Gibson is 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 #).

This was the smoothest running tournament i had been apart of, they paid back over 200%!,,, yes, they paid back double of what they took in. Thats unheard of in our sport, we must support these kinds of events. $150 entry to learn a new lake is less than a guide trip and you will learn more from fishing a tournament like this. Again all of the tournament teams were open and shared every detail......
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

I might have to check into it next year! It sounds like a really good time.
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin is right,for all of you who didn't make it ,you missed one heck of a tournament.We learned alot down there and had a blast doing it.The kids seemed to enjoy the candy,just wished more showed up,now I've got all this leftover I guess I'll have to eat myself.Seeing how the lures were made was neat ,seen freinds that haven't seen for a few years.Next year i'll be alittle better prepared ,NO 4 lb line for those fish down there.Kevin knows what I'm talking about and also thanks for the help Kevin.If they have it again I hope you all show up,you wont regret it.Nice to meet Shane out of Kansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they going to have it on Halloween again? It fell on the opener for Neb. pheasant and I'm sure a lot of guys are chasing deer right now too. I think a couple weeks earlier in the year might help the turnout.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like this is one to put on the list for next year. Glad the MO guys had fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast