Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Boat Controlling Jack Once More

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10/29 Boat Controlling Jack Once More

Met Jackb at Bucksaw Ramp a little after 7 and headed UP river. Had a good morning. Managed to catch 43 crappie and one 3#+ bucketmouth. All fish were caught on blk/char Paddletails. First 19 came from dipping hardwoods and took about 2 1/2 hrs. Other 24 came from 2 pole slow trolling double jigs along the channel edge and took less than an hour! Larger fish came from hardwoods but slow trolling produced plenty of nice keepers.

Here is a pic that proves I do allow Jack to catch fish when he fishes with me.

Second pic is a "not so happy ending" to a great morning. Many thanks to Curt and his buddy, Pat, for towing us to the marina after we ran out of gas. Gotta get that gage replaced again.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing you guys weren't the only ones fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report bob,got your message bob thanks,i told my wife to read it an i told this is what this site is all about,fishermen helpn fisherman,bob that is a good friend of mine towing you guys if i had known that i would have paid good money for you to shoot that dog off the front of his boat...lol..seems to bark alot at the campground....jack how long did it take you to land that pig with a 60 foot pole...

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish jack wtg

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good looking slab there Jack. Lol. Bob, it looks like you found a great way to improve your fuel mileageHands Clapping

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Now Jack that looks to be one of them Whoppers old Joedog was a talking about........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, I had a GREAT time Bob thank you for taking me once again. Monty, that picture was taken at Smithville; it's one of those "keepers" the Smithvile boys talk about.Rofl Thanks for the tow Brobrash and Pat!
    Last edited by jackb; 10-31-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

dang, glad you guys made it back in safe and sound,,, Nice Fish Jack real nice for truman

Post Thanks / Like

great report billy bob and congrat's to you two on a wonderful day! well accept for the gas part, glad everything worked out. that is a heck of a toad jackbThumbs Up
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CONCRETECRAPPIE View Post
    Great report bob,got your message bob thanks,i told my wife to read it an i told this is what this site is all about,fishermen helpn fisherman,bob that is a good friend of mine towing you guys if i had known that i would have paid good money for you to shoot that dog off the front of his boat...lol..seems to bark alot at the campground....jack how long did it take you to land that pig with a 60 foot pole...
    My pleasure, Larry.

I forgot to say that it was a C&R day for Jack and I. All fish were returned to the water to grow a bit.....even the monster above that Jack caught.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast