Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How soon

Post Thanks / Like

Default How soon

When you hit your favorite tree or dock how soon do new fish show up where you can fish it again? Do crappie move around and is just to chase the shad to eat. It seems like everybody has there favorite trees or dock to hit so there should be some answers to this questions. I'm sure cold fronts and the time of year make them move in and out but do you think they go back to a certain area each time.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that some areas have fish there all the time. I have caught some fish at certain docks, but have not caught them there again. So basically, I beleive that some areas will have them at all times, and if you don't catch them, they just be in a negative mood.

Post Thanks / Like

Up on the flats i have spots that reload within a few hours of fishing it because the entire area is void of cover with the exception of what i have put out or some logs that have washed up on them so they tend to get on any structure they can find in an area that has a limited amount to choose from,out on the main lake it's more of a crap shoot because they have so much cover and water depth to choose from thats why a run and gun style of fishin will produce much better than hole sitting on a dock.Most docks will hold fish throughout the year but to find big fish consistantly you have to fish a bunch of em in a days time,very seldom do we catch a big fish(pound plus)on a specific dock day after day but we tend to catch them on docks with the right type of cover regardless of the water depth below them.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed on places like the Pomme arm of Truman is a huge crap shoot. You have so much brush they are either there or not. On LOZ or stocton they tend to hold to a spot you cant catch them out of there but theres less brush on those lakes it all really depends. I tend to ditto alot of what bugman just said.