Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 at Bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10/29 at Bucksaw

I finally got my boat back in shape and found my way down to Bucksaw for a few hrs of fishin'. Beautiful day and actually caught a few fish.
    Thanks to all who give reports, that's what helped. I fished about 1/2 way up into a creek where the water averaged about 12'. Caught all my fish just off the bottom and holding the jig nearly still. Only caught a couple on the drop, the rest just grabbed it while it was sitting still. Black/chartreuse carrot worked for me.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip. Lots of good info on here to get someone a jump on what's happening. Sure saves time and frustration for someone who does not have much time or does not get to fish a lot. Even speeds up the curve for the ones that do get out a lot. The lake can sure change in a hurry. Little windy but was a nice day for sure. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jared
    It was a little windy, and I'm not the best at running the tm in those conditions, but I'll just have to learn. I also need to start using some heavier jigs to keep contact with my lure a little better.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going, yea people on here giving reports, there nice eaven if you don't get to fish the lake verry often, it is nice to see your buds having a great time and helping out,,,,

glad you found a few and had a good time, keep it up,, I hear water keeps the boats in good shape

Post Thanks / Like

Going to a 1/4oz if the wind is bad or if there is a lot of current sure helps. If not fishing real heavy cover you can also go to a double jig rig. I don't care for it when fishing the bottom because it is hard to tell if the bottom jig is touching bottom or not. Congrats again on getting the boat out and catching a few. I will battle the wind tommorow and see if I can get a few to bite. Wind looks pretty rough for Tuesday. I painted up a bunch of 1/4oz jigs last week so guess I will out them to use now.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Beagle...I think the reports from other lakes are good, too. I can take those tips and apply them at my home lake. They may or may not work, but it's a starting point that may lead to me figuring something out and establishing a pattern, even if it's the pattern of what's NOT working!

@ Jared...never spent much time with painted jigs, but a lot of the members use the heck out of them, may be something to try. I have enough trouble with one jigDoh, so don't often do that, either, so the heavier heads is something I will put on my list!

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot me a PM with your address and when I get caught up a little on my jig tying and painting I will try and send you a few painted heads in differant sizes to give a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught some, Vic. Wish we could have run into you. Next time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

sound's like a fun day! thank's for the report
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your outing went wellThumbs Up
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast