Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you noticed

My wife says that I'm a romantic at heart. Maybe that explains this post. I spend my weeks looking through a windshield and turning between 2 and 3000 miles. This week was a bit better than some of the recent past. As winter approaches and the trees start to put on their winter face, I get nostalgic remembering the days in the woods as a scout and hunting in later years. The blustery days with the wind blowing the leaves of all colors on the road, and folks in their cool weather clothes pulled up around their necks as they hurry on their way. This is my favorite time of year for these and many other reasons. As we go to the lake, the thermos comes along for the ride, the gloves come out for the ride, but they got to come off for the feel of the thump. The colors on the lakeside make me want to slow down and enjoy the scenery a bit more than in the warmer months. Chile and stew make the house smell so good when you open the door after being out fishing for several cold hours. And the best part is that it's free, there for the taking. I know some folks relate to ball games and other pursuits, but this is how a guy that has never followed the team sports sees it this time of year. Hank Jr. was on the radio this week, and some of the words in his tune were "I might never get to see the pearly gates, but I've walked in the promised land". Nuff said. Thanks for visiting with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Amen Skeetbum! I think we all need to slow down a little and enjoy the scenery more! God has given us the greatest architectural love letter ever ....the great outdoors!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Skeetbum.......I feel just like you do. I love this time of year but I stay in slow gear all year around and enjoy what God has given us.....any day on the lake is a good one and if I catch a few fish, well thats just a bonus.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics. Our shoreline looks a little skanky around here, but man has moved in.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

was just out fri admiring Gods creation myself.....my fav time of year also....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures! Mind if I steel that top one for my desktop?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics and thoughts Hands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands Clapping

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN! Best Therapy is a good dose of Mother Nature and reminising past Good times. Bottombumper

Post Thanks / Like

well said. Trees around here probably ain't gonna be that purdy, some color but not like your pic.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

great post, i too believe the great outdoors is the best therapy
    get in, sit down, shut up and fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast