Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey hows the Kansas Bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey hows the Kansas Bite?

Just thought I would stop in and see how things were going back home, I am from the Garden City area but live in Virginia now because I am in the Coast Guard, was just curious to see how you boys were doing back Home, things are picking up out here in the VA waters crappie are biting like crazy, from what everyone has told me but I still can't seem to find them for myself.
    Crappie Fishing Is My Dream Job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nickmeyer, Males are up and attacking any thing that gets near their nest. VERY easy to catch. Fish the shallow rocks/cover that are outa the wind. You'll do well! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

to windy to fish for crappie, but on a pair of waders yesterday, could not stand up, the waves were beating me to death. Try a couple coves but no luck. I finally fish the windy points, white bass were thick and hungry.
    The Crappie are always biting better yesterday - I'm always a day late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater
    to windy to fish for crappie, but on a pair of waders yesterday, could not stand up, the waves were beating me to death. Try a couple coves but no luck. I finally fish the windy points, white bass were thick and hungry.
    That is expected when you live in Kansas, every time I went to any of the Lakes in Kansas it seemed to blow like crazy, but I am having the same problem this year out here in VA, I am trying to get back home to Kansas so me and the old man can go fishing but maybe he should just come out here.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished redmond and toronto yesterday, did real well at toronto. You have to work for them, they moved up hard yesterday afternoon, left with 47. I am heading back today, couldnt resist taking another day of vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller
    I fished redmond and toronto yesterday, did real well at toronto. You have to work for them, they moved up hard yesterday afternoon, left with 47. I am heading back today, couldnt resist taking another day of vacation.
    Sounds like you got'em good was it windy out?

Post Thanks / Like

There was very little wind on wednesday, but yesterday was real windy. A buddy and i managed only 44 total. We caught most in the morning, the bank was pretty well protected and then the wind switched and blew right back in the cove and it was tough after that.

rmason68 Guest

Default Hillsdale

Picked up 18 today trolling around brush dabbing with red and chartrosse jig. Was suprised with the weather the way it has been but when the crappie are spawning i really dont think it matters much, only you may have to change your presentation a little. I have a total of 18 monday, 17 tuesday, 18 wednesday, and 18 thursday, took the week off . Going out tomorrow and gunna try for 20 hehehehe but i know i wont get it. Crappie fishing rules.