Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A very odd day

Post Thanks / Like

Default A very odd day

Hello folks, I had a weird day fishing yesturday, I was usin a 1.5" lil hustler tube red/wht/chart on a slip bobber, It was raining pretty good, My second cast i caught about a 1.5lb largemouth and it didnt stop at the end of my trip i caught 11 all together and not one crappie!!!!! I was trying everything.. working structure, drop's i even located a large school of bait fish and still only bass no crappie, This is a pond i alway catch my limit and yet not a bite!!!! any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Rain Rain
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

An idea I've been doing is to get rid of the slip bobber & start tight lining them. I've been getting 95% of my bite on the drop and with a slip bobber you don't see the bite while it's falling! Most of my fish this week were not hitting it very hard you would just feel the line getting heavy! Hot colors for me have been black & chartreuse, orange,flo yell, white combo Entyzer Jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had fairly good success this fall with both of these methods so I'm not sure you should swap one for the other, sometimes it depends on what the fish want or where you happen to find them.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Longer rods and a pegged float will show bites on the drop. You must have had what the bass liked. Crappie are finicky, bass are dumb.RoflRoflRofl
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Not a biologist or expert by any means but maybe with the Alpha predator (bass) on the feed it had the crappie and others in hiding. I know last year when the stripers moved in the lake I fish most often the crappie basically moved out in the river. Heck, at least ya had something tugging at yer lines.

Post Thanks / Like

All I ever catch on red and white are bass and stripes
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a pond and you always catch your limit. Maybe you have taken most of the crappie out.

Dayton