Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fatboy, how did you do yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy, how did you do yesterday

I went today and fished the banks for a little while. I had 15 keepers, which was pretty good considering the wind gusts were 20 miles an hour or better and it was raining. How many did you get yesterday?

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my buddy put in over at the Green Carp Club. While i was starting the boat, the wind immediately blew me onto the bank. Got the boat started and headed over the hump in the main channel across from the ramp. You know the place. That is the place with the treetops on it. Fished the deep dropoff on the bridge side, while i wasn't pumping the freaking trolling motor to sit still, caught nine keepers, no culls. The bite stop, so we went up to Flancher Falls to get out of the wind, started using my faithful Thill bobber with minnows. Caught three, two keepers. Wind, started howling, started to spit rain, moved on up river a bit more. Drug the Heaton out, dang that rod is nice, started playing dunk the minnow while using the microspin to cast a small rattle trap. Big mistake, caught 11 on the rattle trap, zero on the minnows. Got tired of fighting the wind, came back to the Green Carp Club, loaded up, called it a day and gave all the fish to the fellow who was with me. I still have 2 full gallon bags, 3 quart bags and one half full gallon bags of fillets. Gonna get me some fish this weekend though. I called Jerry this morning and as I was talking to him i could here the wind in his phone. Wanna hear a word i sure don't care for? WHITECAPPING. He said he is on fish, but it is in the main channel off steep dropoffs and the wind is really bad and the waves are worse. Glad your getting a boat. Remember me when your famous. I have to go get ready to go to the TeeZur Tourney, take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, by the way, gonna get you a shirt, got your size listed, i will just give it to you for you showing me some of your spots on Tims, deal?

Post Thanks / Like

That is nice of you Fatboy, I appreciate it. I hope you have fun in Scottsboro on the Holliday dinner. If you get a chance to get out and about over there, look for the North Sauty bridge, it's an excellent crappie area if you should ever happen to fish over that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe i need a "local" to help guide the way

Post Thanks / Like

You have to take a number to fish that area, people keep it covered up day and night. I have caught well over my limit there several times without even having to fish anywhere else. If you are on highway 79 going toward Guntersville, it's the first bridge right past Goosepond. I'm sure you have heard of Goosepond.

Post Thanks / Like

If you were referring to me showing you, I'd be glad to show you if I get the opportunity.