Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing again this week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing again this week

Plan on going fishing today at Walnut Creek, tomorrow probably Cunningham. Since Zorinsky is still closed, i dont know which lake i will go to on Friday, but i will make up my mind when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend said he was catching nice sized Crappie off the handicapped pier at Wehrspann last week. I just re-read the 2011-2012 fishing regs and they took the 10 inch minimum length limit off and raised bag limit to 15 and the possession limit to 30 this year. This is state wide now. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i was thinking about Wehrspann, but after we caught those bluegills with the red sores in their mouths, i havent been back there.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the trips. I hope you have full coolers EVERYWHERE!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing for crappie at Walnut Creek, caught about 7 good size ones on Wednesday. Didn't stay too long because of the temps and wind.

Thursday was a little better with the sun out and less wind. Went to Cunningham looking for some bass. didn't turn up much, so i switched to some jigs and caught some crappie and bluegills out there. nothing worth keeping though.

I'm probably going to be getting rid of my shad cranks and plastics. Shad aren't a natural baitfish out here in Nebraska, closest thing to them is alewife and they are near extinct.

Post Thanks / Like

Shad is one of the main forage fish down at Beaver Lake. Use to be a lot of them around here. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, Nebraska has been cutting back on shad since they compete with young bass, bluegill and crappie.