Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Two trolling motors used for extra speed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two trolling motors used for extra speed

My 17' boat has been in the shop for a few weeks and I was forced to use my 10' semi V aluminum. The lake I go to is over a mile long and it takes awhile to go from end to end or around the shoreline.

Since I own two Minn Kota 55 lb thrust tms, I decided to put two batteries in the back and use both motors on the transom. The boat flew through the water on high speed, even into waves and wind! At days end the batteries were depleted down to 11 percent according to the charger, but who cares when traveling five miles or more around the lake. Much of the time I drifted or anchored and only used both motors on the 3rd setting, going home on # 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow had to be weird using two trolling motors
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not ? It worked, do what ya haf ta.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

The onlty thing that I had to be observant of was turning one motor and not the other to clear the blades. I screwed up once and took a few chips out of one blade.

At least I got my bass boat back and it runs like brand new! I found out that ethanol ate up some of the gas lines and chunks ended up in my fuel pump and screwed up the three carbs. $684 was an expensive lesson besides learning about marine grade Stabil fuel stabilizer, the answer to the ethanol problem.

BTW, Amazon sells the 32 oz container cheaper than anyone else, including Walmart.
    I have prime and shipping is free. I also got the regular Stabil for my boat, mowers and truck which get little use in winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it! Maybe I'll put one on the back of the two man..
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583