Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 10/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 10/24

I learned my lesson here posting my spots Doh!!!! I'll give conditions, my catch, what I was using and nothing more. Hit the water at daylight. Water temps right at 60, dead calm to start of then the wind picked up from the south. we caught a bunch of fish, quite a few 12+ inchers. All catch & release today. Grey Ghost & Bumble Bee was the hottest colors today. Most were caught on the drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job skeeter.

Wish I could read your mind on your spots.

I was considering going out tomorrow, but the wind looks nasty. I guess I'll have to wait til later in the week. Save some fish for the rest of us if you go back out again!!

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Embo. I normally post my spots, but when a guy pulls up and ties to the tree I'm fishing and tells me he seen that it was a good spot on CDC it gets a little irritating. It really takes some nerve to be that inconsiderate! I'm pretty booked this week, but if you want to head out next week let me know, I'll show you a couple!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's pretty generous. Thanks for the offer. Next week looks pretty good for me at this point. You may regret it. : ) Better check with JoeDog to see if I'm a worthy fishing buddy. It does suck that someone would do that too. You don't have to worry about me sharing good spots. I've decided I'm starting a guide service. I figure if someone fishes with me, I can show them enough spots where the fish "AREN'T" that they'll be able to find them without me on the next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job I think there are a lot of us that have learned the less in here not to post your spots. Way to many lurker's reading these posts. I don't mind helping a member out and have taken members to the exact spots I am fishing to help them but will never put that information on the web for all to read.

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson learned Pole bender. To tie up to the exact tree I was fishing!!! It honestly blew my mind. I mean he dropped his minnow 3 feet from from where I was fishing!!! I made sure when I left my prop wash stirred the hell out of the area. I'm like you I don't mind helping anyone out at all!
    Embo, message me next weekend and let me know when ya want to head out. We'll get someting going!

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Was the power line too much info? Should have showed him your THONG! He might have left unless it was Dave keeping an eye on ya?????Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    I've decided I'm starting a guide service. I figure if someone fishes with me, I can show them enough spots where the fish "AREN'T" that they'll be able to find them without me on the next trip.
    THAT'S the kind of guide service I would have too.....I have tons of spots where the fish "AREN'T"!! LOL One of these days I'll stumble onto a spot where the fish ARE

Post Thanks / Like

now you see why when dexter calls me on my cell phone fishing, I hang up before he can get a gps fix on my location.......... he tries google earth but he can't see that good.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Keefer, Great idea on the thong! Maybe I can go snag it again. Getting slapped up side the head with a wet thong may give him the idea!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast