Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Toledo Bend Bream

Post Thanks / Like

Question Toledo Bend Bream

I was wondering if anyone has seen any signs of big bream bedding yet? I usually get up there around the middle of May and they still are holding on some great bedding areas. I was wanting to head up for a pre-trip starter and break in some new ultralight weekend after Easter.

Any of yall heard anything?

Thanks,
    Chris:D

Post Thanks / Like

Breambuster,
    I was over at the bend a couple of weeks ago. Really did not notice or hear anything about the bream. I can tell you that the water is real low now. Places where we used to catch was out the water. Then I heard on a fishing show the other day that the real big bream tend to stay in deeper water. I would think if this wind would die down a little you could catch some fish.
    Good luck.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

jusnoldfart Guest

Breambuster
    Water Temp Is 54 Degress "surface"... I Live On Toledo Bend And Fish Year Round. The Gills Are Still In About 30 Ft. But By Late March Things Will Have Changed. Last Year Gills Started Going Gung Ho In Mid April.water Level Is Up And They Are Trying To Hold It At 168 To 172 Ft Above Sea Level Boats Can Be Launched At Every Launch Site DUE To Plenty Of Water

Post Thanks / Like

jusnoldfart,

Your post is two years too late! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on board jusnoldfart. Your right on time for this coonass. I have been fishing sac-a-lait on Toledo Bend for 3 years, and have been doing pretty good. I usually fish June and July because i'am off from work.[school bus driver] What do i need to look for to find big Bull bream. I have brush plies for sac-a-lait, Where to look or bait for big bream. My camp is on Hurricane Creek and would like to find bream in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

rajin...what does a small camp go for these days on toledo bend?
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.toledo-bend.com click on area links, seek and you shall find. If ever you need me to help look at a camp and take pictures for you, just let me know.