Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How will these work

Post Thanks / Like

Default How will these work

Tried something a little different.

Partially assembled at home, and then put them together on the water, so I could haul more in my small boat. Bottle on top to keep them upright in the water at all times. Zip tied the base to a concrete block. 3 ft tall by 6ft wide. built 9 for about $20, put 3 to a group.

Opinions, Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Man looks ok to me though I think you could have made it a little thicker. If you are putting it into a lake with little to no cover it will work great If the lake has some cover available then you might not enjoy as much success as your wanting. I fish a lake with a ton of old virgin forest stickups still present and coontail moss that grows 20 foot deep. If we use Jerry Blakes style of tall crappie condos, we have to place them in areas that dont have the grass or stickups to notice any effects at all and those condos have 10 to 12, 20 foot tall peices of bushy bamboo.

Bottom line is your moving in the right direction in building cover for the fish to live and you to fish. If this style dosent work then make the next batch bigger till it does work for you.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks gooch, yes these went into a lake w/ very little existing cover. Have made some thicker ones in the past, just trying these this time.

Had to be incongnito w/ the project, so having them unassembled in the boat was a big thing. Pretty hard to hide 9 buckets full of pvc standing 6ft tall in the boat w/ ya!

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think you could have just capped the two top horizontal pieces of pvc and done away with the bottle. I'm sure they together would hold as much air as the bottle. I too would have made them a little thicker though. Other than that they should hold fish.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Why hide it? Just load the boat and go!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

"Why hide it? Just load the boat and go!"

Some states it's illegal to place structure in lakes, fine in Pa is $145+ court cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not make them like Krappy Krazy make all the bases about 1foot tall, then add in your extension piece and long arm once on the water. If I was willing to spend $20 to build 9 condo's I would want more "surface area" for the fishes to hide and play and mate in under and around.

Post Thanks / Like

dont hide them just go at nite or a rainy day less chance of being spoted
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER