HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stren braid gold can't find

Post Thanks / Like

Default stren braid gold can't find

what happen to stren gold braid can't find it????? comments

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I found 2 spools of 6lb at the flea market for $6 or $7, works good. Isn't it still on the shelf? I thought it was current production.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

recently bought some 10 lb hi vis Stren gold @ Gander Mountain.

Post Thanks / Like

They have changed the name of their Braid. Now it's Stren Sonic Braid. You can still get the old on Ebay.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold line. Is it good
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Post Thanks / Like

The old braid I have been buying for the last few years from Stren was just simply called.. Stren Super Braid... The new stuff from Stren is called Sonic Braid.. I like it in the gold 8# 1#Diam....I have tried a few different braids and always keep going back to Stren.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.amazon.com/STREN-SUPER-BR.../dp/B004R6Z44A

Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

Post Thanks / Like

New to crappie fishing...does the fact that it's high vis not reduce the number of strikes due to the fishing being able to se the line or is it only high vis out of the water?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    New to crappie fishing...does the fact that it's high vis not reduce the number of strikes due to the fishing being able to se the line or is it only high vis out of the water?
    The fact that it is hi-vis is simply so the angler can see it, under various lighting conditions. This helps detect the lite bites & subtle little jumps in the line that indicate a bite. Whether or not it deters a fish from hitting ... IMHO, no it don't. Fish don't know what line is ... so why would they be afraid of it ? Fish can see ANY line (to a certain point of depth) ... I don't care HOW clear it is. They just don't recognize it as a threat. They're more interested in what's tied on it !!
    Fish are spooked by things other than line color ... if it weren't so, then the generation before me would have never caught a fish, since they used black nylon line Doh And my generation, & those since, would have never used colored lines if we didn't catch fish when using them. To emphasize my point ... Fishing for Crappie - I've been using hi-viz lines, almost exclusively, for over 20yrs ... and if/when I find them, I catch my share Thumbs Up

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crappiepappy - good points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast