Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks everyone. Grand Report 10/22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks everyone. Grand Report 10/22

First I would like to thank bwillaub for his advice in my previous thread. Not only did I manage to keep a few for a sandwich it was one of my best crappie days on the water. Nothing huge, but solid 9.5" fish with an occasional >10" mixed in.

All fish were caught using slab buster and jigs. The magic happened in 12-20 fow and letting the jig hit bottom then lifting it off the bottom around pole timber. They key like bwillaub stated was not over working the bait, but holding it in place right off the bottom. Sometimes they thumped it, but other times you would lift the rod and they would be there. I was getting outfished by my partner (who was using crappie bites), but once I started using crappie bites my catch rate improved. Color didn't seem to matter. BLK/Pink, BLK/Chart, Orange/Chart, Junebug/Chart all produced fish. The key IMO was added a crappie bite or two to the jig and keeping fishing around 12.'

Also I would like to thank the guys at Tightwad bait and tackle for giving us a couple of suggestions where to start. All in all it was a great day and great weather. I hope someone can take this report and have a similar day.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got on some fish. Great Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great day and can't beat the weather,it's wonderful.congrats on the fish,many more waiting on you.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good trip. You had some good advise from some great fisherman between Bob and the Huey boys at Tightwad C store. Was a perfect day to be on the water yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you had a good day. Thanks for the report.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, glad you got into some!

Post Thanks / Like

great report! glad a fellow cdc member, even if he is an auburn fan! lolRofl was able to make your trip one of your best! that's what this site is all aboutThumbs Up
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!