Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electric Fillet Knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Fillet Knife

American Angler offer numerous fillet knives but I was wondering about the differences between the 12 volt and the 110 volt.

Other than location of the fish cleaning - has anyone noticed a major difference between the knives? ie: vibration or life expectancy

(expecting a major catch and need the proper tools):D

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No diffrence. Just get the 12 and an adapter for 110. My buddy just got one that has all the stuff included. Even an adapter for a car lighter. I used it when we were on vacation. Worked great.

Post Thanks / Like

My Amish fishing buddy, John has the 12 Volt knife and he really likes it. I have the electric model , I use it on the 11" and bigger crappies , it dose a good job on them. It's hammer time on the Crappies Chaunc !

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me for jumping in ... but do any of you have experience with rechargeable fillet knives?? I currently have a nice 120v model but with all the water around my cleaning table, I would think a rechargeable would be safer.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From word of mouth, if you have a lot of fish to clean they wont last. The battery runs down after about half an hour. Wont do any of the KCA members any good as we all hammer the slabs and average clean time is 2 hours a trip.:D

Post Thanks / Like

On a rechargable model I saw where it said to expect it to cut for about 30 minutes on a full charge. Chaunc had that right - might as well use a regular fillet knife.
    Now the 12 volt model will let someone use the troll motor battery and get started cleaning before you're even off the water! I think that would be the looser of the most fish bet:p