Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 10/22

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 10/22

Today started out a little chilly, but turned out great. The water temps varied from spot to spot but were averaging 60-62. I hit a few old haunts and picked up a few shorts but nothing to speak of. Decided to pitch some jigs at the docks and spent almost the rest of the trip there. No big slabs but some very decent eaters. Biggest was 12 1/2". Had to sort through some dinks to get the limit, but well worth it. I probably caught 75 fish. The action was pretty fast and furious off the bat and fizzled slowly as the day went on. Caught most of the fish on the drop about 6' down. I can't give you an accurate water depth because it varied so much. Most fish came from Little Platte docks in slips with boats with no lift. I once again used my brand Entyzer Jigs. Hot colors today were Blue/Blue/Blue & White with Silver Holographic Flashabou (hottest combo), Hot Pink/Hot Pink & Chartreuse Verigated/Hot Pink, the good ole Chartreuse/Chartreuse & Black Verigated/Black & Chartreuse. Seems like the guys at the bridges were doing pretty well also from what I seen on the way by. It looked like most were throwin minnows!
    The wierdest thing I caught were a pair of pink thongs. Lost a jig on those, didn't want to get anywhere near them.
    Good luck out there tomorrow, I'll be tying up an arsenal for sundays trip! Tight line & screaming drags!!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Sounds like a fun day after you figured 'em out. Congrats.

OPh, I think I'da lost that one jig too.Thumbs UpRoflRofl
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterxs170 View Post

The wierdest thing I caught were a pair of pink thongs. Lost a jig on those,
    Mark aka 759 spends a lot of time in that area maybe he lost his ...............just sayin??????Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking they could be yours Bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Who's ever they are ya got nice hiney!!!!!Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  2011-10-22 16.33.47.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  25.0 KB
    I put in at Plattsburg and did ok (there are some really shallow places). Caught around 8-9 fish. All but one keepers. I was using sun bleached jigs that used to be black and charturese, but now I don't know what color they are. Went out from 3pm till almost dark. All but one fish caught on the south banks and some were very shallow, only one off each stump, but most were in 7 fow. Catch and release today. Also, I lost my underwear earlier in the year and would appreciate if you gave them back. It is hunting season and I could use my good luck charm back.

Post Thanks / Like

Your drawers are below the first pier in the 3rd slip, down 17'. Ya need to wipe a lil more, just sayin!Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Scott, Glad to know about the thong may have to put you in the front of the boat so I can keep a eye on you!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nvrgvup444 View Post

I put in at Plattsburg and did ok (there are some really shallow places). Caught around 8-9 fish. All but one keepers. I was using sun bleached jigs that used to be black and charturese, but now I don't know what color they are. Went out from 3pm till almost dark. All but one fish caught on the south banks and some were very shallow, only one off each stump, but most were in 7 fow. Catch and release today. Also, I lost my underwear earlier in the year and would appreciate if you gave them back. It is hunting season and I could use my good luck charm back.
    Nice job man, you are turning into a slabmaster up there! Don't be afraid to go sans undies. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a fine day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast