Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not crappie, but -Arkansas/Missouri trout fishing in Nov., Dec-Ideas/Help appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not crappie, but -Arkansas/Missouri trout fishing in Nov., Dec-Ideas/Help appreciated

My Son and I are looking at making a trout fishing adventure to Arkansas/Missouri in the next couple of months. Sure would appreciate your ideas on where to go, where to stay, maybe a guide to use and also if we want to fish on our on after using a guide some recommended spots or places to fish. We are going to be somewhat mobile and can move around some or stay in the same place if the fishing warrants. We will not be taking a boat. Also, is this the time whan a person has a better chance of catching some large trout?

Thanks for any information you might pass along either by posting of a pm.

Appreciate the Information:

Ron, Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Two fly guides to consider:

Steve Dally of The Ozark Fly Fisher:

Dally's Ozark Fly Fisher

Scroll down here and you can listen to a podcast of an interview with him. He specifically talks about how the next few months are prime time to catch BIG trout:

The Itinerant Angler - Fly Fishing Without Reservations

The other guy is Davy Wotton. I have exchanged a few emails with him. Nice guy, well known, and very respected.

1. Main-Davy Wotton fly fishing schools fly fishing float and wade trips White River

For spinning tackle, look up Jeff Smith (the Trout Magnet guy):

Trout Magnet Fishing Lure and Online Store | Troutmagnet.com