Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chinquapin/beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chinquapin/beds

Anybody found any Chinquapin bedded yet? Going out this weekend with the whole family and will be looking for some. I hope to be baiting hooks and taking off fish!
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Shellcrackers here I come!

Sandman I've been on duty for the last 19 days. Have not heard any reports but I will be making my own! Are you going to GB? I might ease that way Fri and/or Sat. I'll be in a gray Triton 176 Sport w/90hp Merc. If you are there with your kids and I know who you are, if I locate fish I will put you on them and then you will be busy! Send me a PM and let me know! HAPPY FISHING!:p
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Sandman,
    I was fishing the other day and made a cast to a shallow flat. Something hit the cork so I popped it a few inches. The cork took off like a bat out of H___!
    That chiquapin was so big I could not put my hand around it. I just knew I had found the Honey Hole. Nope. That was the only one. I will be back later!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

I found some huge beds on Toledo Bend a few years back with just Redears and had a ball with them! Haven't tried that spot in the last 5 years though...will hit it this mid-May. Found some fairly large areas holding just Red-breast sunfish (the ones w/long ear flaps) in about 3-4ft of water in a few downed Pine trees on sand/gravel. Actually we were trying to catch trotline bait by the downed trees and they happen to be there...lucky us. They we all about 3/4 lb. but right under a pound.

That spot was never again and I believe it to be from wave erosion.

Chris