Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading to Truman this weekend, stuggled last weekend any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heading to Truman this weekend, stuggled last weekend any tips?

Went to Trummn last Saturday afternoon launched from Bucksaw and headed to the back of Cedar Creek managed a few on jigs along cuts in the banks in about 10 fow. All out bites were about half-way back into the cove along the bank. Tried moving further back in the cove nothing. Not enough action to keep us interested so we pulled the boat out and launched from Longshoal found a lot more shad dropped the crappie lights and managed a few more, but really struggled overall.

I am again heading to Truman this weekend. From the report from last weekend it sounds like it was slow all over. Any help would be appreciated where to pick up a few for a sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been catching a few back in the smaller creeks in water anywhere from 3 to 15 feet deep. Fish around the hardwoods and start your jig a foot off the bottom and slowly work it up till you find them. They seem to want it sitting there for a few seconds before hitting it. They have been really THUMPING it so there is no doubt it's a bite. Blk/char plastic on 1/8 oz orange jighead has been working best. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I appreciate the info. I will be out there grinding this weekend. I think the early start might might help. I plan to be on the water at day break. I noticed that the fish I caught were hanging near the bottom. Caught a couple jigging vertically and a couple just cast and reeling it in. I will try going into the smaller creeks. Bucksaw water clarity might have been an issue too.

Post Thanks / Like

There was visible signs of the lake turning over where I've been fishing. Water was very cloudy at best.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report Bob.....
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still finding good fish on the breaks where the water goes from shallow to deep quickly. fish the timber just off the channel and fish the underwater ledges about 10ft down. I'm finding that they are liking the jig to be moving pretty slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a safe and productive trip this weekend. Enjoy the fall weather and Truman crappie. They should be strapping the feedbag on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all your help. Sounds like I had the right idea, but perhaps moving the jig a little too fast. I will try a few different area this weekend and of course letting the jig sit a little more. Hopefully that results in me putting on the feedbag. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Get in on the tournament Saturday, it's only $30 and the top two teams have to tell you where and how they caught the fish. Can sure learn a lot that way.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin is right come join us at the tournament. All paying places will tell how they caught their fish. Including where, what bait, depths and techniques. If you are not up for a tournament at least come by the weigh in and meet some of the gang. You will get all your questions answered and have a great time for sure. I will be at the pavilion around 3 to get the scales and tables setup. Hope to see ya there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast