Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anybody used the Recoil Rig?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anybody used the Recoil Rig?

I was wondering if anybody has ever used and had any luck with Secret Weapon Lures Recoil Rig? I bought the panfish pack the other day and was going to try it out down in Cumberland this weekend. Looking for some tips on how to use it? Thanks...

Kent

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Gimmic

I've seen that before, just another gimmic to catch more people than fish.
    Rofl
    I use a drop shop system that works very well without the bungee cord.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ginners-3.html
    Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

According to a book my brother bought me (In-Fisherman's Guide to Crappie), crappie don't like a "bouncing" bait. They strike on either a slow-moving bait or a gentle up-and-down. That's been my experience (limited as it is) too.

Kind of a different philosophy than the wild motions of the Recoil Rig. I agree with BigMack, but I'd expand it to say that most tackle is designed to catch fisherman more than fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup.

Fisherman walks into a country store and asks the old gentleman behind the counter "Sir, do these brighter colors really attract the fish that much better?". To which the old man replied "Don't know about that, but they sure do attract the fishermen".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
    According to a book my brother bought me (In-Fisherman's Guide to Crappie), crappie don't like a "bouncing" bait. They strike on either a slow-moving bait or a gentle up-and-down. That's been my experience (limited as it is) too.

Kind of a different philosophy than the wild motions of the Recoil Rig. I agree with BigMack, but I'd expand it to say that most tackle is designed to catch fisherman more than fish.
    Hi,

I sort of agree with the slow moving bait and gentle up and down...But, what the recoil rig is trying to do is mimic a minnow...I just ordered the recoil rig myself....I am going to give it a try...You can fish it pretty much like a regular jig...Just holding it still...It won't bounce around....I think it is better to have more options...For an example...When a minow gets frightened...It moves around a lot....Usually that means it is being stalked......I am going to give this rig a try...Not saying its going to be the best setup I have ever used..But, I can hold it still and the jig won't do much..But, just a little twitch and it swim around like a minnow...

This is jusy my own opinion....I will keep everyone updated..Once I get it and try it out..

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Slow and easy is my preference.
    Allatoona Bandit