Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting info for my friend on rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting info for my friend on rods

Hi guys, have not posted in a while, but still read most posts. My friend is on a fixed income and so is very cost conscious, he has been spider rigging with me and has fallen in love with that style of fishing. He is looking to get some 12 ft rods and is wanting to compare the BnM west point rods against the pinnacle limit rods for strength and backbone. He has been able to look at some of last years west point rods at Academy, but has not been able to handle the limit rod yet to compare. Monk, or someone who stocks these rods, what do you think? I know the cost conscious on this site may have already used both. Thanks fellas in advance. Waterboy1
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

I might want add how the non-graphite Hi-Techs stack up as well. Have viewed some old threads and the pinnacle limits sound pretty tough though.
    Waterboy1

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The HI-Tech fiberglass poles are the best I have found for the money! The Panfish 8, 10 , and 12 ft are hard to beat-tough, sensitive and have the orange tips for visibility.

MonkMonk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    The HI-Tech fiberglass poles are the best I have found for the money! The Panfish 8, 10 , and 12 ft are hard to beat-tough, sensitive and have the orange tips for visibility.

MonkMonk's Crappie
    I'll second that. Monk set me up with a few when I started spider rigging. FOR THE MONEY. Can't beat them. My 12ftrs. have seen everything from small crappie to 5lb largemouth to 10lb channel cats. They hold up well.

Post Thanks / Like

The limits are tougher, stiffer on the tip, and cheaper, you can still get 4 of em for $50, I have both.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

The silstar limit rods are the best for the money,only wish they made them in 14ft.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

The Pinnacle Limits have the foam handles. Check out the Pinnacle Vertex IM-7 Graphite with cork handles, which does make them lighter. They come in 8,9,10,and 12 footers. Got mine from Grizzly Jig.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I longline troll with Limit rods. I think theyre too flimsy for spider rigging, but I have been known to use up to an ounce of lead in windy conditions too. The telescopic fiberglass poles will work better for spiderrigging IMO. Uncle Bucks makes a good cheap pole with a reel seat and eyes.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. My friend got the limit rods from grizzly jig co. and put okuma magda 15dx reels on them. I just finished helping him put power pro braid on all eight rods tonight, and can't wait till next tuesday when we can give them a try. I have two vertex 9 ft rods with the cork handles that I love, use them for brim and crappie, but don't care for the two 12 ft vertex I have, my bucks are better. If I like how the limits work I may pick up eight of them for myself after tax return time next spring. Can't fuss about eight rods for a hundred bucks.
    Waterboy1