Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Conservation Officers make arrests of suspects who broken into vehicles at Patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conservation Officers make arrests of suspects who broken into vehicles at Patoka

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

3 cheers for the C.O.s!
    I got check sunday. There out and about again.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Default almost

i was almost checked one time several years ago and it was at 49 bridge on the kankakee as a friend and i were pulling the boat in.
    the officer came over to us and asked how we did and did we both have our liscense. we said we did ok and b4 we could show anything to him he had his head in the boat and asked about the beer and pop cans and bottles in the boat. trash.
    we picked it out of the water as we seen it.
    he only said have a nice day and was gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the CO.s seem to be real nice people.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yes most of the C.O. are ok. But if your from Cass Cty. We have one of the worst C.O. in the state. Why, cause the C.O. is a she. For one thing, she's a know it all and she likes to stick HER chest out when it comes to regulations. Trust me, every hunter/fisherman in Cass Cty knows the name Brenda. And I have yet to hear anything good about her.

Now for others I have ran into on Indiana waters. They all seems ok. Was icefishing at Bass lake, and an hour or so after sundown. I got a knock on my shantee. The C.O. checked my license then started digging thru my stuff in shantee. Looking for undersized eyes he said afterwards. One other time on Maxintuckee, got a warning for not having reflectors on all sides of my shantee. All in all, they are like most Cops, all are good. But just like a few bad cops, you have a few bad C.O.'s...

One complaint I have on the DNR as a whole. Is the way they turn their backs on Lake associations and their killing vindeta on weeds. Go to Maxintuckee at Culver and you will see what I mean. Weeds are far and few between compared to the Cabbage weed patches we used to have there 15-20 years ago. Same at Bass lake North of Winamac. Weed kill is bad every years.

I contacted the DNR in Indy about the weed kills. And got NO WHERE, pretty sad i would say. Money talks and Lots of Money lives on both of these lakes....Expecially Maxintuckee
    Last edited by Charly; 04-26-2006 at 11:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a run in with Brendra on Shafer. Your right about her. Her partner that day was very nice. They asked about someone shooting geese. Maybe she will mellow with time. I know alot of people who don't care for her.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

She's been a C.O. for at least 10 yrs. So I doubt she will mellow with time. Most of the hunters and fisherman she runs into are men. And thats where her problem lies. She does'n't and will never have a husband. If you know what I mean. So when u run into her, she will always be tuff as nails with ya. And if you push even a inch. She pushes back a foot...gl to ne1 that runs into her. Sad but true, she's a want to be cop and thinks the world is out to get her...

Have fun all, its summer. And hope uall catch a bunch. Take a kid fishin too, thats where its at...