Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any INFO on G3 Deluxe Jons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have any INFO on G3 Deluxe Jons

I am thinking of trading in my pontoon for either the 1860SC DLX or 1860CC DLX and would like to know anything good or bad about these boats. So if any of you have any first hand knowledge I would appreciate you input.

Here is a link to the boats....

http://g3boats.com/GatorTough/DeluxeJons/default.php

Thanks

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2004 1756 SC that is not the deluxe model with a 40 Yamaha 4 stroke. It is a good boat I have been well pleased with it. If I was to go buy another one I would get a little more motor. it will do about 30 with just me in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejones1961
    I have a 2004 1756 SC that is not the deluxe model with a 40 Yamaha 4 stroke. It is a good boat I have been well pleased with it. If I was to go buy another one I would get a little more motor. it will do about 30 with just me in it.
    Thanks I appreciate your info and I looked at the same boat you have except with a 70 HP Motor. However then I started looking at the deluxe model and really like the vinyl coating inside and that should help keep it cooler in the summer. Also then I looked at the 1860 just to have the extra foot in length being I am on a really big lake so thinking the extra foot will help in rough water.

Also if you don't mind...do you have a troll motor and if so what thrust and is it a 12V or 24V and how well does it preform?

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Skiptomylu,(and others). Most of the people on this board seem to favor aluminum boats...both large and small. I was just curious as to why that is? I recently sold just the type boat most of you guys seem to pine for to buy a fiberglass bass type boat. After fighting the wind for several years I just finally gave up and bought the fiberglass. It is SO much better in any windy conditions than the aluminum boat ever could have been. It is twice as stable, much more comfortable, and as I said, 100% better in the wind. I got this boat used at a very good price so it can't be the $$$. I understand that everyone has an opinion and a preferance as to what kind of boat to buy and use. I just have a hard time understanding why so many of you favor the aluminum.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish lots of areas with hidden structure like Reelfoot. Therefore an aluminum boat works well for me. I would be scared to death to take a fiberglass boat on that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at a 1966 deluxe at Tupelo other weekend. I really liked the interior,
    but there was a 2072 plain CC next to it that really talked to me...
    Only thing, they don't have much "V" to them, would rather see a little
    sharper V, but thats just me. The Bear Trailers they were on looked pretty
    nice too.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my 1st bay(center console)boat last year. It's a Alumacraft Bay Invader with a 150hp Merc Optimax. It's 19' 6" and seats 6 very confortably. It could possibly be the best 'fishing' boat I have ever own. I've had Lunds up to 19ft & 200hp to 240hp Scorpion Jet boat.The real 'fishing' room is the best!! No carpet to get wet and very easy to clean out. I would highly reccomend buying the 'center' console model. The trailer I got is a Prestiage. Oil bath hubs and LED lights,,bullit proof!! Good luck on your decision!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Also if you don't mind...do you have a troll motor and if so what thrust and is it a 12V or 24V and how well does it preform?
    It does have a 12v 40 Lb thrust TM on it. It moves the boat along pretty good, sometimes when the wind gets rough a stronger one would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Sandman, I just 2 years back sold a 20' Skeeter Bass boat with 200HP Yammer and just wanted something with more floor space. Well I got a pontoon and love it until I want to troll with my troll motor and with any wind it's just terrible. I also have a boat house on the land with rails going into the water. The fiberglass boats are just too heavy with the angle on my rails so I am thinking of this G3 that is Alum with more floor space and when I saw the vinyl inside it looks really nice for cleaning and cooler than the normal Alum boat. I also don't want to need a 150 or 200HP because the fiberglass is so heavy and that is a lot more cost for the motor and gas.

I can get a new 18' Deluxe with a 70-90HP for about 12.8K for the boat, motor and trailer. I have had a few Alum boats in the past and have always favored the fiberglass boats, but at my age just don't feel I need to spend that much or go that fast. However speaking of speed I have to admit that the pontoon at 25 MPH is getting to me, LOL.

I live on a huge lake and would like to cover more water at times and the pontoon is so slow. This lake is 205,000 acre and over 1200 miles of shoreline. It is also a lake made by a dam and they just flooded mostly National Forrest when it was made so there is more timber still standing with much just under the water now.

J. White, I thought hard about the 2072 and it really looks nice, but then I would have to put more motor on it and therefore run up my cost. It's one of them personal type things that I have to put the biggest motor on a boat that it's rated for, LOL! Also after looking at the deluxe model I would have to get that instead of the plane for the cooler floor and sound help it would get.

ejones1961, I am planning on a 24V troll motor with 80# of thrust and was thinking maybe I would try to get by with a 12V 55# thrust, but I think you helped me decide on the 24V.

Thanks all!

Peak Vise Dealer

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Skip

I bought my G3 river joh new in 2003 with a 90 hp Yamaha and 40 lb Minn Kota. I use it year round for hunting and fishing. It has never let me down.( I even cary a 700 Kawasaki 4 wheeler on it.) You wont be disappointed
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast