Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&M Sharp Shooter Rod

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question B&M Sharp Shooter Rod

Anyone got one? Good-bad. Do they deliver? Any better dock shooting rod out there? I'm using a 5 foot Uglystick UL rod now but love shooting docks so much I was wondering if there are any better shooting rods out there. Thanks ahead of time Thumbs Up
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I have had won for years. They work very well. I am sure you will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

ESP 6' powerlite. best shootin rod I ever picked up

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation IMHO ..... (& JUST my opinion)

I've never actually fished with one, but I have handled a Sharpshooter rod ... and found it to be a little too whippy for my tastes. It's a IM6 blank with a parabolic bend. (fairly equal bend over the length of the rod)

What I use most often, is a 5'6" ESP UL rod. It's a IM6 High Modulus graphite blank with a fast action tip. It also has a graphite Tenn handle, that has metallic disks that connect the blank to the handle ... which transmits vibrations from the rod blank to the handle. Cork & foam covered handles can diminish those vibrations.

Fast action tip rods will "shoot" the jig .... where some parabolic bend rods seem to 'sling' the jig.

There is the price factor to consider, too. Sharpshooter's run around ~$30 ... ESP 5'6" UL runs around ~$60
    (note: price was not a factor in my having the ESP, over the Sharpshooter, as my ESP is a pre-production model that I received for fieldtesting ... so it cost me $0.00 !! I've done fieldtesting for BnM & ESP ... but the Sharpshooter was not one of the rods.)

... cp

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pappy. I'm not familure with ESP Rods. Didnt see them in BPS. Where could I put hands on one??
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    Thanks Pappy. I'm not familure with ESP Rods. Didnt see them in BPS. Where could I put hands on one??
    Not sure about where you could actually hold one in hand. Cabela's carries them - Cabela's: ESP Spinning Rods if you have one close.
    Grizzly Jigs used to, but I don't see them on their website, anymore (waiting on my contact @ ESP to let me know what's up with that).
    You could also go here : Contact | Norsemen Outdoors, Inc. - Home of StowMaster® Folding Fishing Nets, ESP™ Ultra Light Rods, and Fold-A-Way™ Nets and find out what stores in your area may have them. (just make sure the store listing popup says ESP, & not just Stowaway !! )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigMack View Post
    What does that thread have to do with this one????????
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

If you are planning to shoot a lot you can save a lot of time tying and changing jigs if you get 2 or 4 rigs just alike and keep different jigs and weight jigs on each one.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I have all three lengths......I have used a bunch of different rods to shoot the docks with....but I love the sharpshooters,they are the best for the money...my personal favorite length is the 5',with the reel seated on the bottom of the handle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast