Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad luck w/ B&m Gold rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad luck w/ B&m Gold rods.

First off I am not bashing B&m rods so please don't take it that way just telling my expierence to see if anyone else has had the same problem. I purchased a 12 ft b&m gold rod. I probably fished the rod two occasions probably no more than 20 fish on the rod and the bottom end shattered. Were the two sections slip together that is were it happened. So I cussed a littlle took my reel off and threw it in the cattails. I figured it was a freak thing because I always have good luck with there rods. So I came home and ordered another one, figurered I would have a spare tip this way. So the first day out I caught no more than five fish. I made a cast and I heard a pop sound, the 2 guys in my boat asked what was that noise, I said I don't know, Than I set the hook on a dink crappie and the bottom end shattered again in the exact same place. So I cussed and threw it also. Now I have two gold tips and I am not going to buy another.I called b&m and they assured me they have had no issues w/ the rods and too send them back and the warranty dept would look @ them. Well I informed her that they are at the point of no return. Sorry for the rant but I really just am curious if anyone else has expierenced this. These are their most expensive rods they offer and they seem too be less quality then the $50 rods. Suppose to be Im8 graphite but breaks like Im0 I have really good luck w/ the brushcutter and the bucks graphite but can't stand the eva handles. Guess I will have to see what wallys new rods are like.

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Man.....you threw em away huh? Doh Let me tell you. B&M has EXCELLENT customer service. I would bet money that they would replace those rods if you had them still. I have nothing but B&M rods and yes I have had one or two break, but any time that I had problems they were quick to help. Also....don't forget in the future that they sell rod tip sections if you would happen to have any problems with that (i realize it was the bottom though). Don't give up on them.....they are the best in my opinion.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Let me tell ya a little story.

Back about 4 years ago I bought 3 12' B"n"M rods at a local bait shop. BGJ122's I think. It was get'n close to the end of the fall bite & he gave me a heck of a deal on them. I kept 2 & gave 1 to my dad. I do a lot of "2 Pole'n. About the third outing I broke the tip on 1 of them & then the very next trip I broke the other 1 in darn near the exact same place. Talked to my dad that week & he told me he had broken his 2 weeks earlier. I e-mailed B"n"M & never got a response so I said what the heck & just went about my business. No more B"n"M's for me I said. Then a couple of years ago a post like this came up & I told the story about how the rods broke. Crappiepappy sent me a message & told me to contact Jack Wells (main man at B"n"M). Said he was a great guy & was really serious about doing the right thing. Boy was that an understatement! I talked to him on the phone & told him my story. He asked where the rods broke & I told him. Seems about that time frame they had a few bad blanks that got into the system. To make a long story short. He sent me 3 new rods to replace the one's that broke. They were a newer version of the ones I had had and all he asked was that after I had a chance to use them send him & email & tell him what I thought of them. He didn't have to do that (and I told him so) but he did. The rods were good rods!

Jack told me he reads every email they get. I don''t know how my first 1 slipped by him but after talking to him on the phone I am positive that if he got the email my problem would have been addressed right then.

Now keep in mind that this went on about 2 years after I broke the rods. I am convinced that Jack & B"n"m are serious about customer satisfaction & service. This 1 incident has made me a LIFE LONG B"n"M customer!

After I recieved the new rods & used them, I got back on that original post & dined on Crow & was happy to do it. If I break my 2 Sam's tomorrow I'll order 2 more the next day!

Ya shoulda kept the rods & contacted B"n"M.

BTW, thanks again pappy!
    Thumbs Up
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your luck with the rods. But why throw trash into the cattails?

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Not smart to throw them away. BnM is known for taking care of issues.

Dayton

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a lot of problems with my BGJP's in every size i ordered. Tips kept breaking on all of them. Sure they would send another one but i just got tired of all the aggrevation with those rods. The only B&M's i still have are 2 crappie wizards and 2 sharpshooters. Switched brands on everything else. Lots of guys love their bgjp's as they are very sensitive rods but they just dont work for me. The WM's and outlaws are more durable for my kind of fishing. B&M has great customer service but i haven't had to use CS for any of my other rods, and i've had them for many years already. Get what works for you and be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack is really fair about any problems, I only use BNM because of Jack, great customer relations

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690 View Post
    Not smart to throw them away. BnM is known for taking care of issues.

Dayton
    My thoughts exactly. I don't know anything about BnM rods and may never own one, but don't just throw them overboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Their rods made in Korea were hard to beat. The Chinese made rods suck.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You should not have thrown them away and then called and complained. I use B'n'M rods exclusively, I have owned and tried others and I like B'n'M the best. They stand behind their products.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast