Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oologah today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oologah today

One word, SLOW! Fished Talala Creek along the south bluff for about 3 hours this morning and only caught 3 crappie. Also caught 2 bluegill. Everyone's catch seemed real slow today.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Cope.. Yesterday was much better.. Today ended up fishing blue creek from 8 to 9:30 and didn't get a bite there.. boats around us seemed to be in the same shape..

Went back down to Redbud area where we put in because the wind was horrible.. Fished the North side of the Island across from the marina for a couple of hours there and caught 2 crappie and missed a couple as well. The bite was not aggressive at all, they were nibbling it for a long time before they'd even try to take the minnow.. They were down about 15 to 20 ft off the structure. The finder was picking them up all over the place out there, but they just were really not that hungry I guess.. Missed a couple because of the slow bite...

Water temp's at Spencer creek yesterday where the bite was better was 56.5
    Today Blue creek was 54.7 and The Red Bud area was running about 53 even.. Need another 7 to 10degree warmup I'm thinking.. The fish are in the areas for sure, I'm seeing them allll over the place, the bite is just not hot yet.. Hope next weekend will pick up some more..